• image-183347188.jpg
    image-183347188.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Nice hunt. Gold is always my objective too. I guess sometimes the exercise is the gold. Good hunt

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
That Susan B. Anthony is pretty cool. Don't find those everyday. Wish more people would loose dollar coins :) hopefully you'll get the gold next time out. HH

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice. What machine did you use?

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my deepest bottle cap was 13 inches in wet sand. on the plus side I did find 2 pennies , we have a very poor beach, oh yes, I forgot the matchbox car at 11 inches.

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. What machine did you use?
pens fan, I use the AT Pro at this beach so I can discriminate out some things. With the Excal, I'd be digging even more than I am now. This beach has a ton of trash as you can see but it had given up some really good stuff. Good luck!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Redcobra8u

So your saying the excal doesn't discriminate well? Do you prefer the at pro over it or just for disc?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Redcobra8u So your saying the excal doesn't discriminate well? Do you prefer the at pro over it or just for disc? Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
lost items, this beach I hunt has so much trash, I find it easier with the ATP to discriminate out foil, especially near the surface. I've used the Excal there before and fond myself digging much deeper and pulling up more trash. I run the ATP in pro zero with the sensitivity 1 bar from max and can leave behind most of the foil unless it's been balled up. If I had to choose my favorite machine, it would be the Excal overall and use it at all of the other local beaches. This one particular spot is the exception where it think the ATP works better in the dry.

I a also still learning the Excal so if you have some tips, I am all ears!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love to throw out a few pointers on here to you but that be like asking a white belt to teach you kata! There's other black belts on here that are sure to respond once it catches HIS eye!! I keep my discrimination as low as I can, sensitivity super high without being in auto mode in the wet and dry sand but in the water in the 12-1:00 area to stop from falsing, threshold just barely heard, and volume full blast! I was hunting the wet sand one day for about 2 hours on a walk down the beach and maybe got 1-2 coins but upon turning around I decided to crank the sensitivity up ( not in auto) and gained more depth. The return hunt on the same path ways completely different from no targets that were sanded in, to digging what I'd left behind, a few quarters, pennies and dimes started to appear. If I remember correctly i think I found a silver ring or a gold earring that day. Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions