First Extended Beach Hunt This Year

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a lot of targets out there, water hunted, hunted the wet sand, also the upper beach for about 6 hours straight today. Most everything was in the 12" deep range, a few deeper, a few shallower, not very many surface finds anywhere. The back of my legs are toast! :laughing7: (Sort of forgot about that possibility today.:BangHead:) No gold or silver today, which wasn't all that surprising given the amount of new sand coming onto the beach, still not been enough beach activity to keep up with the winter/summer beach transition. But it was nice being out there on an extended hunt, enjoyed it. "Maybe" try it again on Tuesday or Wednesday as I did find one area/feature of beach that was producing more finds. Maybe go back and focus on that?

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice just being out there. I put in eight hours of water hunting with Bigmike yesterday. Only two rings between us...one silver and one junk but the water was crystal clear, 76 degrees and full of bikinis. I almost forgot we were there to find gold.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice just being out there. I put in eight hours of water hunting with Bigmike yesterday. Only two rings between us...one silver and one junk but the water was crystal clear, 76 degrees and full of bikinis. I almost forgot we were there to find gold.

It would have been a near perfect day if I would have just remembered to put on some sun blocker. I don't usually burn but been so long since I've been in the sun like that my legs and feet roasted. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have been a near perfect day if I would have just remembered to put on some sun blocker. I don't usually burn but been so long since I've been in the sun like that my legs and feet roasted. :laughing7:
I went surf fishing back in March and the tops of my feet got cooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread