Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... once they get those funds you can be sure they won't have an all out ban, because they don't want to give up the revenue!...

Shawn, oh but I wish it were that simple. This is not a true statement. If you go through past forum topics on/about "permits", you will see there is NO SHORTAGE of places that used to have "permits", that .... on day .... just yanked them altogether. Why? Because think of it Shawn: the mere fact that any place would have a "permit" to do something (as if their express "allwance" were even needed in the first place), simply means this is something always and perpetually up for their princely say-so. Eg.: annual reviews, and something perpetually on-their-radar as something they administer, allow, etc... Well, gee, think of it: It's only a matter of time before, in one of those annual meetings, that they say to themselves "gee, do we really want all these yahoos out there digging up the park, and taking park cultural resources, blah blah blah"? I mean, if the "review" falls on the archie's desk, well guess what his vote's gonna be ?

Thus , no, you don't want permits (silence on the subject is best yet). And yes, I suppose it's better than an "outright ban", but, no , don't think for a minute that they're not riddled with ridiculous qualifications (only on sandy beaches, can't detect near a tree, blah blah), and don't think for a second that this can be yanked and any time. There's hardly enough md'r hobbyists to justify the cost of printing these out, the paperwork record-keeping, blah blah . Sorry, but I wish it were that simple :(

Hangman

Apr 12, 2014
Cape Coral Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Legacy 2500 , BH Time Ranger, El Cheapo pin pointer, ya gotta start some where !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing I did do was look up state law in regards to beach "hunting" before even getting into this hobby, seem's to me that Florida is pretty laid back about "public" beach's, The big No No is state park's, and any water connected to them, i.e Everglades State Park. You are allowed to MD, but you can't "dig" or remove anything? Same with the states WMA area's [ Wildlife Management Areas ] theses are mostly used for public hunting and camping. I don't see how Collier Co. can over ride state law. I'll try and find the site and post it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I don't see how Collier Co. can over ride state law. I'll try and find the site and post it.

Hangman, state-level laws do not automatically subrogate down to county and city levels. Ie.: just because the city our county is a sub-unit within the larger state, doesn't mean that , therefore ... lower level entities can have different rules. Maybe for things like drug laws, murder, etc... but no, not for things like park's rules. Because, for example, PARK RULES DIFFER ALL THE TIME: one park allows dogs off leash, while another doesn't. One park closes at sunset while another allows over-night camping. One park allows fireworks while another forbids them, etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread