First Spanish Reale !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
ATTACH=CONFIG]992045[/ATTACH]

:laughing7:I have been somewhat hesitant about posting finds, but just have to share this one. Last weekend while detecting a FL Treasure Coast area beach I noticed larger shells and rocks grouping towards the previous high tide line. I know that millions of pounds of sand had recently been dumped on our beaches, so I figured they had been washed up by waves. I figured that maybe some goodies had been washed up too. I started working the tide line with my M6. I had the Whites 950 Eclipse coil on it with no discrimination and the sensitivity at +1 ..................toggle was in "Beach" mode of course. I dug some pull tabs, change, etc and then I got a high tone. It repeated in every direction and my VDI indicated it was a sliver dollar. Of course I figured it was a beer can, but I dig EVERYTHING. About 7-8" down I nailed an in encrusted piece of crud, but when I waved it by my coil I got a 91 on my VDI. I wiped away what I could in the salt water and when I realized what I had I almost fell over. After about 12 hours+ in electrolysis as well a good cleaning with Colgate toothpaste (great for silver) I had a beautiful early 1600's 8 Reale weighing in at 26.7 grams

Attachments

• 8Reale.JPG
    8Reale.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Busted by Magnetoman! They also sell those at the McLarty Museum for $2.
Congratulations boatload, you're our 100th blogger of Pinocchio's thread! You've won a replica of a reale not to be confused with a real reale but it's yours just the same! You can take selfies with it and start your very own threads! Just send us your contact info and we'll get this right out to you. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator boy , he has a post going now about kellyco ripping him off ? Guess they wanted their Cobb back!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early on I was asked what my agenda was... I didn't necessarily have an agenda... I was just looking to get some facts about the piece in the photo.... so as a group we could all come to a honest conclusion to the best of our abilities.
I understand if someone finds something they believed to be treasure it could be hurtful to find out its not... That would have explained to me the lashing out that happened in could have easily been forgiven and totally understood.
Unfortunately that was not the case here as this thread started out with an explanation of 12 hours plus of electrolysis and cleaning with Colgate toothpaste and then it just went on from there...
I understand nobody asked for an opinion on its authenticity.. But I personally do not want to see a forum that I take part in be made into a mockery... I hope everyone agrees with that and doesn't think I went too far or was too rude in the process

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Reading the thread and then the posts following it. I could have interpreted that Gator Boy was simply stating "I don't know why people would do this". "That's all I'm going to say" for several reasons. My first guess would have been selling it!!! Second, would have been posting it and revealing the location of the "historically" rich find to everyone else (especially as bad as the beaches have been sanded in,etc)...a bit suspect. It's like uncovering the "Ark Of The Covenant" and calling the nazi's to come and take it or possibly near future treasures away from you. " I know it's not in the same league with the "Ark", but just making a point. Finally....Fourth, and only lastly would I presume GB was insinuating calling "Bull$&it" to the whole thing. :laughing7:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd just like to know what beach it was found on so I can go dig some up. I'll send pictures, I PROMISE!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations boatload, you're our 100th blogger of Pinocchio's thread! You've won a replica of a reale not to be confused with a real reale but it's yours just the same! You can take selfies with it and start your very own threads! Just send us your contact info and we'll get this right out to you. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
boatload I'm not mocking you in anyway. You are simply the 100th blogger on this so called find. In the mailbox maybe. But anyway I do have one I'll send you if you want it. Lol. Happy hunting brother.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Early on I was asked what my agenda was... I didn't necessarily have an agenda... I was just looking to get some facts about the piece in the photo.... so as a group we could all come to a honest conclusion to the best of our abilities.
I understand if someone finds something they believed to be treasure it could be hurtful to find out its not... That would have explained to me the lashing out that happened in could have easily been forgiven and totally understood.
Unfortunately that was not the case here as this thread started out with an explanation of 12 hours plus of electrolysis and cleaning with Colgate toothpaste and then it just went on from there...
I understand nobody asked for an opinion on its authenticity.. But I personally do not want to see a forum that I take part in be made into a mockery... I hope everyone agrees with that and doesn't think I went too far or was too rude in the process

Far from it GB, you were much more polite than I would have been after Pinnochio attacked you for no reason.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched this from the initial post! It seamed incredible that he would post the exact loc. but some people are more trusting than myself! After reading some of his other posts it becomes apparent, the problem lies with the (POSTER) not just this post! What's really scary is that photo and post could be used against us as another reason to stop the looting as some see it!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
boatload I'm not mocking you in anyway. You are simply the 100th blogger on this so called find. In the mailbox maybe. But anyway I do have one I'll send you if you want it. Lol. Happy hunting brother.

Relax dude, I never took it that way, I thought your post was hilarious. If you take a look, I even liked it.

You can donate my prize to the McLarty Museum LOL.

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Eric I asked you in your other post ( beware of kellyco) on metal detecting page , did you find the coin with the machine that didn't work on the beach? Kellyco gives a replica of the identical coin to the one you found !

Found it with an M6 whites - Didn't get any free coins with it.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
You know, its he same people who detect 2 hours before low tide and 2 hours after low tide. Its the same people who go to Turtle Trail and detect 100 feet in each direction and call it a day. Its the same people that detect the same spots at the same times every day. Its the same people that detect a spot twice and call it hunted out. These are the idiots that I am dealing with. They're pissed off that someone who just returned to the hobby 7 months ago after a ten year absence, found an 8 Reale because he wasn't too much of a ***** to walk 1/2 mile past where everyone else is detecting. The fact that I found it with a $649.00 Whites instead of one of their sacred excaliburs doesn't help much either. The fact of the matter is, I waived my coil over a target and it beeped ..... no more, no less. I don't really understand why its so nconceivable that this coin would wash up on a beach near the location of wreck from the same time period. What the ****? ............ "Monday morning treasure hunters". These idiots just want to cross examine and discredit people in unison. The forum sucks for this.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, its he same people who detect 2 hours before low tide and 2 hours after low tide. Its the same people who go to Turtle Trail and detect 100 feet in each direction and call it a day. Its the same people that detect the same spots at the same times every day. Its the same people that detect a spot twice and call it hunted out. These are the idiots that I am dealing with. They're pissed off that someone who just returned to the hobby 7 months ago after a ten year absence, found an 8 Reale because he wasn't too much of a ***** to walk 1/2 mile past where everyone else is detecting. The fact that I found it with a $649.00 Whites instead of one of their sacred excaliburs doesn't help much either. The fact of the matter is, I waived my coil over a target and it beeped ..... no more, no less. I don't really understand why its so nconceivable that this coin would wash up on a beach near the location of wreck from the same time period. What the ****? ............ "Monday morning treasure hunters". These idiots just want to cross examine and discredit people in unison. The forum sucks for this.

Okay I'm done playing... Believe me if I wanted to take the rude and disrespectful route .. I could probably win that race

Last edited:

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ctx 3030 is also sacred, I've used whites products since 1999 , I use a Dfx my girlfriend uses an m6 , the excal smokes my whites BHID, in the water and the ctx seems better than my excal! I didn't see any post about that? I'm confused caused you posted yesterday how kellyco robbed you on a 400- beach machine but it appears you had the same prob with a minelab safari ( not 400- in this reality) back on March 9th .

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Woa Woa Woa! Our excaliburs are sacred! That's why we don't find fake reales and post them! They null out the junk! We don't have a whites super extended shafts that finds fake reales from the treasure coast to kellyco's stock room!!
BOOM....eeeeeeerr....CANON!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric, watch the language, substituting characters for letters does not change the rules.

This thread is locked...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report those who make accusations

treasurecoasteric, You should Report any post you feel is an accusations !

Accusations are against the rules

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread