Guess what I got for my Birthday????

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
My family went out and bought me a brand new shinney, Minelab Excalibur II!!!!!!! My old Minelab has been sitting in the corner all year. The head phone had only one ear working and the headset cable was dry rotted out. It was a wonderful detector, I used it since June of 2000 and it had been in the shop only once! My Loving wife and family knew I was missing my adventures in the ocean. Now I'm looking forward to getting back into the surf and doing what I really enjoy. :) look out Tampa Bay beaches! I"M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck with your new Excal, kc10bull!

L

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Better stay home today and honor your wonderful, thoughtful wife (and family)...tomorrow "is the day!"

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoopzilla!

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Im happy for you. When am I gonna get one. You said you left the old one in the corner. That really works? I have tried that with fishing poles.

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice man! Good for you and happy birthday brother!!

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Oh the Excalibur in the corner of the room headset was done for when I picked it up the first of the year and thought that I might be able to do my usual "I can make anything work techniques" But upon powering it up and hearing a crackle in the lone ear cup that was working, moving the cable around to hear another crackle. I knew I was in trouble. Found one bad wire after another after another, and knew the whole headset / cable was a lost cause. The wife tried to console me and mentioned that there were several other land detectors that needed to be taken to the beach and used. But the calling of the surf was all I could hear. That and with real world family / work things going on. Never made it out to detect with my land detectors. Now this week I'm getting ready for a Santa Claus Convention in Tampa, with the title of International Santa Celebration 14 - 18 May. So the Minelab Excalibur II will have to wait another week before getting in the surf! Oh those of you all were wondering if I owned a red suit.

Attachments

• Santa Michael.jpg
    Santa Michael.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5908.JPG
    IMG_5908.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 62

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
that scoop is INSANE haha! congrats