2014 Vacation: Playa Del Carmen Gold & more Gold &....

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Baack! LOL

Just return from a weeks vacation in Playa Del Carmen Mexico, and it was a nice one indeed. a few interesting things happened during my trip as you will be able to tell from my pictures :D

All told I found 5 Rings, 3 Gold & 2 Junkers.... But, my best find was some woman I've known for about 10 years now as we finally tied the knot while we were there :)

One of the Rings was a 10K Panda ring with a Building on the Back and the other Ring I kept was a nice Men's Orange Blossom 14 K Wedding Band.
The 3rd Gold Ring is not shown as I gave it back to the guy I found it for...Tim in Idaho, as he had just lost it as I was wrapping up my day hunting along the shoreline. he lost it crawling back to the beach and asked me to help as his wife stormed off mad as "H E Double L"(GIGGLES). after about 20 minutes I finally was able to locate it in a rough tide about 20 ft from the shore (it had moved that much), so all ended well for him and for myself as well as I felt good returning my first ever Ring, and a Gold one at that.... and it was an honker of a wedding Ring (I was unable to get a Picture).

So, now I'm back in the States :'(...But! I hunted today, and I have some more awesome treat's to share with you tomorrow, but for today, here is my best finds from our vacation to Playa Del Carmen, along with about 20 bucks in Euro's, Thanks for looking, Mr & Mrs. DirtDiga
117v4zq.jpg
r8e8w6.jpg
2s0clqp.jpg
2nkuh5u.jpg
jg1wco.jpg
2rglw5w.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
very nice. congrats...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First of all, congratulations on your beautiful wedding! The photos of you and your wife are stunning!

Great hunting ..and congrats on finding that ring and returning it nice job!

I love the Panda ring...that's another one for my "Bucket List"

Lorraine

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playa Del Carmen! My favorite beaches. Congrats on your marriage. Surf sure looked a little choppy!

OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playa Del Carmen! My favorite beaches. Congrats on your marriage. Surf sure looked a little choppy!
It was this trip, except for the last day...go figure, LOL

We stayed at the Sandos Caracoal Eco Resort & Spa, that's where we also had our Wedding. the water was choppy almost the whole trip which made it hard to pin point targets. my scoop was unless because the Sandos had nothing but rocks, and I mean a ton of Rocks (Horrible if your into Sand only). almost too many IMO

I didn't get time to hunt anywhere else because of time constraints. one thing I did buy just for this trip because I knew what I was kinda getting into as far as the Rocks were concerned was a Waterproof Vibra Probe which was essential. I only used my Scoop to keep my balance in the surf, so it played a important part, just not the way it was intended to be used though... Thanks All for the nice comments, Diga

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip and great finds...congrats on the gold and the marriage...beautiful bride and pics...you know that panda is a coin, right.

OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip and great finds...congrats on the gold and the marriage...beautiful bride and pics...you know that panda is a coin, right.
Thanks, no I didn't know that Panda was a Coin, I just thought it was made that way... gotta go check it out.

I was too pumped up about that Orange Blossom Ring, which I saw was pretty sought out by people now. I would wear it, but I'm stuck with white gold now since my Woman's Ring is White gold, ;(

Thanks for the info, Diga

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions