A Great Day At The Beach?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I get to the beach late, park the car, get out and start hunting. Suddenly, “Where did that guy come from? Did I not see him?” So move on down the beach, nobody around, a few minutes later, “Where'd that guy come from? Did I somehow not see him?” So I head into the beautiful calm water, which is really rare here, and I start swinging the big dog. A few minutes later I look down the beach and there, about 30 yards in front of me is another guy doing the same thing, and coming straight at me. “Where'd this guy come from, did I not see him? Was he under water holding his breath?” So, I hunt just a short while and then I leave to go find a less crowded place, one I already had in mind.

Ten minutes later I've parked the car and gotten back out onto the beach, coast is clear so I start swinging. Five minutes later I look ahead of me and, “Where did that guy suddenly come from? Did I not see him? Surely I didn't miss that bright orange t-shirt on a wide open beach, did I?” So I alter my course and get in some hunting anyway, sort of just milling around now, plucking a rare target here and there.

About an hour later beach patrol comes driving along informing everyone with a car that they have to get their car off the beach. “Dang! Completely forgot about that and my vehicle is way down there.” So there I go, sort of a swing it here and there on the fast pace thing. Anyway, I get to my car, realize my bladder is about to bust, and so I lock the car and walk briskly to the little boys porta-john, to which there are actually candy bar wrappers sitting on top of a brace next to the full toilet. “Who would eat a candy bar while sitting in this tiny, hot & stinky porta-john?”

So I eventually end up back at my car, where I unlock the tailgate so I can grab me a cold soda. About that time beach patrol drives by behind me, and I do mean right behind me, and they decide it's a good time to turn on that bullhorn again to make the same announcement as before. Scared the bajesus out of me, pop goes everywhere, banged my shin hard on the trailer hitch. But, it is what it is and so I limp to the driver's door, open it up and sit on my sunglasses, “crunch!” No big deal, I have lots more, just not with me. So I start the vehicle up and begin to back out and I hear this “thump.” Apparently, while I was limping and sitting on my sunglasses and cleaning the soda off of me, beach patrol must have moved their beach signs back, right into the driving lane a little behind my vehicle, a little off to the side. No big deal, hurt their sign more then my vehicle.

You know, it was still another great day at the beach.:laughing7: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all Bigscoop....you went detecting at the beach, and that is better than being home mowing the grass any day!!! Sounds like your day was quite the interesting one! :laughing7:

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa! What a comedy of errors! You gotta laugh at days like that. And it was a little bulldog charm! Better luck next time! :icon_queen:

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humans, what douche bags. Sounds like a day in the life of Trent.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went again today and if things get any slower I'm thinking of having OBN plumb stereo into one of my headphones so I'll at least have some music. It's so slow out there I'm holding conversations with myself. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all Bigscoop....you went detecting at the beach, and that is better than being home mowing the grass any day!!! Sounds like your day was quite the interesting one! :laughing7:

Yep. If you're going to have a bad day filled with a calamity of errors I can't think of a better place to have one. :thumbsup:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
calamity of errors,i like that becauce for me its the case holder for the whites 12v 8 cell holder..cant find a good one..seems the spring tention hairline cracks and then its crapola,everytime i think i drowned it,but its the plastic battery box,ps i ve never drowned a unit..

Metal Militia

May 17, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. I feel ya bro. :occasion14:8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like my kinda days! Good thing you weren't doing any thing dangerous!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times you win, some times you lose. At least at the beach, it's a great place to have the blues. I feel like Casey at the bat myself. Struck out twice, going to the river for one last bat and find a man's wedding ring. I'll either strike out tomorrow or hit a home run. Just getting on base don't count. HH.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you were not detecting in Hawaii.
There would have been three police cars responding
And most likely you would have been cited for damaging county property.
If you moaned, you could be charged with terrorist threatening.
Or just given a warning. upon satisfactorily passing a one legged snake dance for sobriety.
Aloha

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day out ! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions