Failed 2 Weeks of Treasure Hunting in Thailand: Leaked CTX3030(again) and other disap

DrunkBrother

Jan 22, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-track, Excalibur 2 ,CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi all,

Had a last minute discussion to join another treasure hunter for 2 weeks of detecting.
Research of locations was pointing that there is a constant traffic of tourists all year long with good target replenishment even if hunted by locals.

Our trip contained 3 main areas :

MAP.jpg

A: Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort Nong Thale Krabi Thailand
B: Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, Takua Pa District, Phang-nga, Thailand
C: Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, 29 Soi Karon Nui, Tambon Karon,Amphur Muang, Phuket, Thailand

On top of that we planned to go around to different hotels (there are dozens of hetels stretching on the coastal line)

Please Enjoy a Video i've made about my Adventure :

Hope the next one will be better

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad about the machine, leakage has been it's main downfall. I'm really surprised they haven't done something by now to correct the issue.

I really enjoy your post, seems you are always touring some of the neatest places. Every time I see you guys hunting that flat clear water it brings about admiration and it keeps me inspired. :thumbsup:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here that about your 3030, mine's been in the water and haven't had a leak, it's been submerged at least 50 times so far, make sure your port cap is tight.
:thumbsup:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wow, nice video. CTX 3030 has too many leak problems to trust on long trips though. Beautiful beaches however.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DB, that is heartbreaking!

I'm sorry that the machine let you down.

The places that you visited are beautiful! Thank you for sharing

I hope that you will get the CTX up and running, humming, and "pinging" very soon

Lorraine

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting video. I was looking at the CTX 3030 a couple of weeks ago at Kellyco. Awesome machine, but I was concerned about repair issues if it leaked. Machine would have to ship to Chicago for any repairs under warranty. When my Excal II leaked at the battery cable connector (post-warranty), Barry at Kellyco was able fix it on site in about an hour, and I was back at the beach the same day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread