bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be going here at the end of summer my girlfriends son teaches in Korea she has been wanting to go for the past year so I googled some beaches close by wow I

image-557442159.jpg

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You should come back with a couple pounds of gold and platinum. You will probably find so much it will be hard to get back through customs!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
hey blue-diamonds, I hate to add to the "cat getting out of the bag", but the various countries of the orient are the "next frontier" in some regards. Perhaps some of those countries might have had detector enthusiasts for the past 10 or so years, but NOTHING like the USA, Europe, etc... where detectors have been a common hobby for 30 or 40+ yrs. now.

It's still fairly new hobby in some of those Asian countries. And simply not in the "culture" of their mindset. A friend of mine in Japan says he gets the strangest looks, and .... people there just can't understand why ANYONE in their right mind would waste their time doing such a thing? Just simply not in their cultural mindset, as a hobby. Not sure how Korea fits in with this, or if it's widespread there or not yet.

And a bonus for there is that some of those Asian countries became quite affluent in the post war years, and they wear lots of platinum, 24k, etc.... now.

Let us know how you do !

Metal Militia

May 17, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!!! :censored: You'll be digging gold like pulltabs. I was actually stationed in Korea '88-'89. Ugh all that time drinking/partying and I could have been detecting.

Best of luck Bro. Go get 'em

p.s. try some yakimandu with red pepper and salt... don't forget the Soju too. :occasion14:8-)

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BD 55...If you're going to that beach...there won't be anything left...not the way you clean out the areas you hunt...:)

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like you will be able to swing the detector very wide during the day without wacking some ankles. Looks like one of those Chinese wave pools. Better brush up on your night hunting skills.

Attachments

• 7457180_orig.jpg
    7457180_orig.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread