Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out last weekend to deliver a SeaHunter to a friend who is interested in getting into the hobby. Plans were made to meet up Sat. morning and lend it to him. Anyways decided to meet at an area that I have tried in the past with no luck other that a couple of coins and pulltabs. After getting down to the beach and noticing 6-8ft of sand missing to the right, a big depression about 250ft. by 75ft. so down we went. There were targets every 18" or so I was stoked . My wife and I realized we were digging consecutively for about 4hrs before we took a break.

Totals were over $13 in coins 3 buffalo nickels, 4 wheat pennies, 3 coins of unknown origin (researching) 3 pairs of sunglasses, 2 zippo lighters, about 7-8 pounds of fishing weights.

Good stuff
4 rings 3 are 14k gold 24g total and a tungsten that was broken, 1 10k gold earing, 1 silver .925 earing, 1 silver .925 bracelet @ 56g.

This is the LARGEST haul we have ever had at on time UNBELIEVEABLE !!! I had to go back to the truck to empty my pockets because they were full and the weight kept pulling my suit down. May everyone find a hole like this one day, it strengthens the belief in Hunting .

Attachments

• llllllllll 001.JPG
    llllllllll 001.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 275
  • llllllllll 002.JPG
    llllllllll 002.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 258
  • llllllllll 003.JPG
    llllllllll 003.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That looks like a Jackpot! Must have been a blast! Congrats to the both of you! Well done! :thumbsup:

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm in awe'. Been to that site many a time but it goes to show you just how quick conditions (sand) can change. Congrats!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you had a dream spot and a dream hunt...congrats on the gold and silver...Im sure you will go back and look for more areas like that.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too cool! Specially in the conditions we've been having!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, what a dream day. That earring is a honker too! Nice finds all around.

OP
OP
Mr.Excavator

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, I have been there a few times before and it was a big disappointment every time. I was reluctant to hunt there ,but the wife convinced me since we were already there. I had a different spot in mind, glad that we stayed. All it takes is some beach erosion from whatever reason and Bingo. I planned to go back tomorrow after work and see what happens.

Oh forgot, there was an Iphone as well with the list.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME !!! - GET BACK IN THERE -

MOST OF THIS WAS FROM 4 DAYS IN A FLA. HOLE
26 PIECES OF GOLD AND AROUND $70 IN CHANGE
BEST HUNT TRIP OF MY LIFE - SO FAR

seaweed

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
SFL
Detector(s) used
ExcalII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you picked the right day Mr Excavator! Nice haul.... whats up with that "nugget" looking find best seen on far right of pic #3? Also, what are those ingot looking things there in the fishing weight department?? Thanks - J

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sensational finds, I dream about a hunt like that :occasion14:

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very inspiring. I need a day like that. Getting bored with the pull tabs and pennies already. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
OMG! What a terrific haul!:notworthy:

Lorraine

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Just fantastic, when a hole like that opens up just keep digging, they close up as fast as they open. Impressive finds.

OP
OP
Mr.Excavator

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you picked the right day Mr Excavator! Nice haul.... whats up with that "nugget" looking find best seen on far right of pic #3? Also, what are those ingot looking things there in the fishing weight department?? Thanks - J

Not sure what it is suppose to be but it is made of solid copper or brass, it is heavy. I have found several things that we are not sure what they are , I call them meteorites. They look like aluminum and are almost weightless . They are melted fragments of some sort of Non magnetic metal. I have about a dozen of them now sizing from 2-3cm to 75mm or 1/8"- 3"

The long things to the right are wheel weights and rifle casings also a few bullet leads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Excavator

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I needed a good hit like this it brings the hunting spirit back, I was getting discouraged lately. I haven't found anything good since last December and the wife has gotten 7 rings a bracelet so on , just wiping the floor with me lately. Two of the man gold rings were me and all the silver I WON on this outing with 75% of the finds.

News reported last Tuesday from Vilano to south PonteVedra is in an emergency status that the beach front homes all have a 12ft drop in their back yards 10-12ft from their homes.

State: South Ponte Vedra Beach is 'critically eroded'

13166718.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish something would come along a blow away some of the overburden here. Place looks like a giant salt flat. :laughing7: Always nice when mother nature opens up Davey Jones locker. :thumbsup:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive haul. Intuition pays off for you and the wife. Congratulations.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That is a wonderful day of detecting. Congrats on the gold and silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread