Florida West Coast: Bradenton Beaches

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Spent a few days visiting a friend and got to hunt some of the beaches. The water is gin clear but still chilly about 65 degrees.
Found about $1.05 in change at Cortez Beach. A local TH'er informed me that its well hunted daily. The county has a beach sand sifter for cleaning the dry sand. Didn't see where it dumps its trash container but its probably in a dumpster.
I hunted Bradenton Beach and found nothing, not even a pull tab, got skunked. I return home tomorrow. It was still good to get out.

Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you didn't even get a pull tab that's a pretty good sign a beach rake is being used. note that many of those guys check their debris before dumping it. In Southern California that has been standard practice for many years and someone has to die before a job opening appears.

When I cross the bridge into the Bradenton area I always stick to the water. The beaches down there are for the most part extremely well worked.
Deepsix

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These beach raking machines only pickup the larger items, not coin sized items. At least the ones I've seen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread