He who challenges the flufy sand is.....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....dog meat! :laughing7:

I just spent twenty hours in those soft fluffy troughs on my area beaches where everyone gathers to swim and I just knew if I was persistent enough that I could beat the churning fluffy stuff and come out of those troughs with a few real goodies. Never happened! In fact, targets were so scarce out there I finally waved the white flag today. I found more in one hour of wet sand hunting this afternoon then I had found in the previous twenty hours of through dwelling in that fluffy sand. I'm sure it's getting lost out there but if you're going to find it in my local troughs you'd better get to it before it hits those deep shifting sands. Seems I have to reteach myself of this fact every year. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you spent 20 hours in that stuff you must be good as new!!! Just thinking about it makes me tired!
The gold is just reorganizing it's scatter pattern. Be patient grasshopper, the gold will come to you!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three days, about 6-7 hrs each. Troughs were packed like sardines. You see, it's "denial", plain and simple. Every year it's the same posturing, "This year I will beat that fluffy sand!" And each year that deep fluffy sand kicks my little A$$ and spits me back out. A couple of years ago I was really going to teach that fluffy sand a good lesson with that deep PI.......yea right, that sand spit me back out and left me flopping on the wet sand like a beached mullet. As for next year, well, not really sure how I'm going to attack that fluffy sand but I'm sure I'll come up with yet another masterful plan. :laughing7:

PS: I'm good as new, indeed! Even got the monster scoop back out. :thumbsup: Har, har, har,......look out gold! ARG! :laughing7:

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Our pickings are quite slim as well. (not to be confused with the actor-)

It's because we need to get one of them Deli style paper number machines.

Beach sand and surf, now serving #74...

You need an appointment to get on the beaches around St. Pete- awfully crowded this year with detectorist's.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our pickings are quite slim as well. (not to be confused with the actor-)

It's because we need to get one of them Deli style paper number machines.

Beach sand and surf, now serving #74...

You need an appointment to get on the beaches around St. Pete- awfully crowded this year with detectorist's.

I never saw another water hunter over here all weekend. Very seldom do I ever see other water hunters over here. Really didn't see that many over the wet sand this weekend. I expect there's some night hunting going on and I also expect there to be quite a few hunters come Tuesday and Wednesday. Can't say I blame them for wanting to avoid all the holiday weekend madness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions