hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope this finds you all in your comfortable spot and enjoyed your holiday. Detectorist in Port St. Lucie need the detecting community's assistance in the recent ban by county parks and recreation for metal detecting in out local parks. The treasure coast beach report has valuable information and resources to assist in this plight. I enjoy going to the beach, but I also enjoy the parks. I'm not a good physical representative but I will stand behind and beside anyone willing to keep the rights in place. Needless to say after being politely asked to not metal detect the park, I have spent my days at local beaches, box hunting, :p unfortunately no reales real or forged, but all in all was an amazing week to experience life. Few rings, few charms, handful of hoop earrings sea glass, fossils, clad, sinkers, sharp objects and the usual trash. 1 14k dolphin pendant, 1 gold plated silver cross and 1 silver chain were the rewards, maybe $25 in clad. We indeed need advice and support for this park issue, even if your not local or have some advise please make it known. And without any more rambling here are the photos.

image-1011065984.jpg

image-1911781652.jpg

image-2325098345.jpg

And I would like to that Gatorboy,aka Magneto, for the company last week. on the fossil digging trip, here is my take for the day. 1 meg tooth a ton a other sharks teeth and misc fossils and the stellar 1907 barber dime found while taking a break from digging and detected the creek.

image-3908003944.jpg

image-61383368.jpg

image-3885018659.jpg

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great times man!
Great post too... thank you for the smile and the good words.
Nice barber its real cool that it's the same exact date as the one I recently found

OP
OP
hubcap76

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great times man! Great post too... thank you for the smile and the good words. Nice barber its real cool that it's the same exact date as the one I recently found
was heck of fun and worth the sore back, bummer I leave this week but we will do it again when I return, Tampa this week for 10 days then live oak till end of month. Goes with my 1908 from the park:p

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Im with you on the parks. I dont hunt them but I also dont want my rights encroached. Thats a killer dime man. Sharks teeth are off the chain. Especially the Meg. Make a charm. You found it so wear it proudly. Go phins.

OP
OP
hubcap76

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with you on the parks. I dont hunt them but I also dont want my rights encroached. Thats a killer dime man. Sharks teeth are off the chain. Especially the Meg. Make a charm. You found it so wear it proudly. Go phins.
we almost have the same thoughts aside teams :p made it the first night for when I get fancy dressed

image-526444637.jpg

But even now I get giddy thinking of my first shark tooth ever eyeballed last year, wear it everyday and when asked what is my best find metal detecting it is hands down that gw tooth.

image-2489051943.jpg

But if it comes to bucket list, I have a great chance of finding a life time find in one of 6 rings, take note

image-889655575.jpg

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
That GW is awsome. Good work on the charm. My best find also is my shark tooth. I tell everyone that. Prehistoric mako. My brother had it identified. Way cool hubcap. On the six rings, I dont know about that. Dolphins undefeated again,now were talkin.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Photos. You have the magic touch!:notworthy:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That GW is awsome. Good work on the charm. My best find also is my shark tooth. I tell everyone that. Prehistoric mako. My brother had it identified. Way cool hubcap. On the six rings, I dont know about that. Dolphins undefeated again,now were talkin.

Mako was my best tooth on that trip

ForumRunner_20140527_224819.png

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope this finds you all in your comfortable spot and enjoyed your holiday. Detectorist in Port St. Lucie need the detecting community's assistance in the recent ban by county parks and recreation for metal detecting in out local parks. The treasure coast beach report has valuable information and resources to assist in this plight. I enjoy going to the beach, but I also enjoy the parks. I'm not a good physical representative but I will stand behind and beside anyone willing to keep the rights in place. Needless to say after being politely asked to not metal detect the park, I have spent my days at local beaches, box hunting, :p unfortunately no reales real or forged, but all in all was an amazing week to experience life. Few rings, few charms, handful of hoop earrings sea glass, fossils, clad, sinkers, sharp objects and the usual trash. 1 14k dolphin pendant, 1 gold plated silver cross and 1 silver chain were the rewards, maybe $25 in clad. We indeed need advice and support for this park issue, even if your not local or have some advise please make it known. And without any more rambling here are the photos.

View attachment 1001492

View attachment 1001493

View attachment 1001494

And I would like to that Gatorboy,aka Magneto, for the company last week. on the fossil digging trip, here is my take for the day. 1 meg tooth a ton a other sharks teeth and misc fossils and the stellar 1907 barber dime found while taking a break from digging and detected the creek.

View attachment 1001495

View attachment 1001496

View attachment 1001497
Way to go. Yunz did great.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dayum, I wanna go with y'all next time. I'll bring beer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread