New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
5.3 lbs without 4 C cell batteries it uses?Minelab has awesome tech but they really need to drop their detector weights.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Nice PI unit

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty cool and it's waterproof I would think in a few years all manufacturers will go with submersible , thank you for putting the link up Ray ! I watched a demo but couldn't figure out how to copy it.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
There is another post on it too Shawn with a youtube video on it. Says this thing is going to be around $3600 USD. When I first read the link on this thread I thought it might be a machine they were going to try and compete with the AT Pro on.

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5.3 lbs without 4 C cell batteries it uses?Minelab has awesome tech but they really need to drop their detector weights.
It is pretty heavy , but they used the words military grade and rugged in the demo, I think some of that weight has got to be in the fold up shaft

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another post on it too Shawn with a youtube video on it. Says this thing is going to be around $3600 USD. When I first read the link on this thread I thought it might be a machine they were going to try and compete with the AT Pro on.
if they made the 705 submersible I think it would be a good contender for the At , gold machines are big bucks anyway

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An off subject question.Why did Minelab stop making the Minelab Explorer SE Pro.
someone else may have the exact answer, I think they felt the Etrac filled that niche when they rolled out CTX 3030 . The same happend with the excal11 people swear by the old blue but the 11 performs the same! I'm prolly gunna get attacked for saying that !

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
looks like the same shaft on the ctx, its carbon fiber, so super light and strong, but super crappy and locks up cause it gets plugged with sand, at least my ctx did. hated the shaft on it. Hopefully they improved that

It is pretty heavy , but they used the words military grade and rugged in the demo, I think some of that weight has got to be in the fold up shaft

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right it's 3 PC telescopic , I thought it unfolded ! Haven't had my ctx bind up yet , I've been closing it when I put it in the car,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread