Left Fla. coast vacation whatnot. What do you think?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife, who only detects when we go to a beach, has proven that experience only goes so far. Again.

Sure, I find 4 times the targets, but in this case apparently all the Floridians left me were pop tops and pull tabs. By the pound actually.

And my honey found a nice 925 necklace. ( I am still cleaning it, seems it has been in the drink awhile.)

We also stumbled on quite a few bullets, most looked to be 30 cal copper jacket. A few were smaller. Which brings me to her best find( I think).

What do you all think this is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!...West Coast u said? Women...like parachutes ....are lucky to have along most of the time....but you have to deploy them at the right moments...:icon_scratch:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The west coast of Florida was a very busy place being shot up by airplanes. The beaches, the swamps, everywhere... The state was one big target. Nobody would ever live in a swamp, and there were hundreds upon hundreds of miles of undeveloped beach's.

During WWII the training pilots strafed Venice Beach, dropped practice bombs on Horseshoe Beach and basically shot up Apalachicola. Bombs hit the wilderness north of Orlando and west of Miami. Nobody would ever live in the swamps...

So, finding lot's of spent bullets and military ammo from that time frame is quite common, depending on what beach you were on.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. The beach was resanded last year, and the bullets were deposited onto the beach from about a mile out, I hear. But the pictures of the bullet I posted looks a lot like the ones I find around here, ( hint. Hint).

Judging by the pounds of garbage I found I would say it looks like you fellas down there need to do some metal detector recruiting! Lol

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!...West Coast u said? Women...like parachutes ....are lucky to have along most of the time....but you have to deploy them at the right moments...:icon_scratch:

Ha. I always deploy her at the best possible moment to fully utilize the strategic importance of such a fearful weapon!

Thanks!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Thommy

Mar 12, 2012
Northern Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus MF, Fisher 1266, Heathkit
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a badly eroded Minie Ball. There was a bit of Civil War action on the West Coast, mostly around Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Cedar Key.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a badly eroded Minie Ball. There was a bit of Civil War action on the West Coast, mostly around Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Cedar Key.

GOOD CALL!! I was surprised to see it, I started digging what I thought had been beer cans,,( they actually were if you were wondering), But I was extremely impressed that this bullet was deposited on the beach in the replenishment project. Caused me some deep, sandy, pits.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, if I would have known you were visiting we could have gotten together for a few coldies.
I didn't know that was your area! Sorry I missed it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread