Helped make a happy couple

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I hit WB this morning for an hour and a half. Some sand has moved out, clad count is up, trash count is down and one small junk ring. Not too bad a morning.
When I get home my wife says she wants to go to Top Sail, COOL I get to play some more. After an hour of hunting this lady walks up to me and asks if I would help. It seems her and her husband were spending the day on the beach with some friends, playing volley ball and such. Well her husband lost his wedding ring. I said sure I’ll try to find it. They showed me where they had been hanging out and I started a grid at the dune line, when bam an old style pull tab. The husband came over to me and said I was looking too high on the beach, so I replied you wouldn’t believe how far they can fly. Third pass and another bam, dug in pulled it up and shook the scoop and I recognized the rattle sound. I didn’t know how close I was being watched but when I smiled all I could hear was a scream and you gota be kidding me. .925 band.
That’s allot better than the two pennies I had found.
I managed to get a couple of pics between the tears of happyness. Man I do like this hobby!

Attachments

• Happy couple [%P].jpg
    Happy couple [%P].jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 342
  • Reason [%P].jpg
    Reason [%P].jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
OP
OP
drver

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Ron, yea they were very happy. I drove home with an almost empty find bag, two pennies and a pull tab and felt real good about it.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
I know we are all out there to find that ever elusive treasure but the most important thing is to find things like what you found. And I bet the reward of giving something back to some one who lost it made your day.
I know it would make mine!!

Great find and I bet you had lot's of fun doing it.

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
That is very Cool man.. Great Job..
I had about the same thing happen last year at clear water beach
a woman asked me if i can find her husband' s ring that was a $1,400
Platinum ring he just lost in the water about chest deep?
about 15 minutes later I found it.. the feeling was out of this world..
Morris
Ocala,FL

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Good for you.

Funny though, usually it's the ladies that take the blame for losing the bling. :D

Gold Dog

Mar 4, 2007
Southern Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoros - Stingray 2 / Whites Eagle 2 SL90 / Whites Clacic 3 / Whites 2db
Thanks. This is from 1 Treasure Hunter to another. Beleave me finding that 1 Gold band with an Audience sure made Treasurehunters like yourself and us outher Hunters welcome to any Beach. Thanks for dewing such a good job.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, had to make you feel good., and I bet impressed some others who were watching. You showed people the good side of MD. Thumbs up!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread