detectorpro machines?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a HHPI that I use for wet sand and very shallow water.
I love it.
It does eat 9volt batteries, but if you get lithium polymer rechargeables, you are all set. I bought two sets and they have never failed to get me through a day of detecting---including some VERY long days.
The HHPI is so light and easy to swing it is ridiculous. The phones are comfortable and are great at blocking out ambient noise. The machine has a 15us minimum pulse delay.

Notwithstanding the nonsense you read on some of these forums, the HHPI with the 11 inch coil can pick-up a nickel at 12 to 13 inches consistently even in considerable wet, black sand. When all the stars are aligned right---it can reach 14 inches. I did an in ground test in saturated sand on a remote bar some time ago and got the faintest of signals at 15 inches. I don't know if it was really a "diggable" signal or not, but it was still very impressive. IMHO very few detectors are capable of reaching this depth once black sand and considerable salt water are introduced. I am not talking about sparkler wire, or quarters or other large or highly conductive targets, I am talking about a nickel. Of course, no one is actually looking for nickels, but the idea is a target that mimics the "footprint" of a small gold ring.

I will say though, that the machine likes tight coil control. If you are one of these guys or gals that likes to swing your coil like a scythe, the HHPI is NOT for you.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorpro is soon to come out with a New Machine called the underwater. With ever thing being sealed tight. I am saving for one. There machines work good. Just not a lot out there about them.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I considered one, the diver model, because you can swap coils. Just never really pursued it after reading so many conflicting reviews. :dontknow: However, given the type of hunting I do and some of the areas and conditions I often hunt in I do like the concept.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me Chicken Little, but I don't even like using cell phones.'
The thought of having the control housing that near to my brain housing group sort of scares me away.

As far as reviews, I have never found reviews that were not conflicting?

I considered one, the diver model, because you can swap coils. Just never really pursued it after reading so many conflicting reviews. :dontknow: However, given the type of hunting I do and some of the areas and conditions I often hunt in I do like the concept.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend who loved the detectorpro but, found that wires that attached in the headset were thin and broke easily. ymmv

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread