Got a boat? No, get one!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks to the economy, there has been a upswing of detectorist on our beaches and it used to be you could have a leisurely day of finding loose change and maybe a ring or two. Some of us are lucky but lately all I find is junk. For you, TH'ers in Southeast Florida, if you've got a boat good, if you don't then invest in one. I wish I had the time and finances to hunt these sites but since I don't then I will share them with you:

Have you hunted Peanut Island Park. There is a water taxi that goes out there for $10.00. If you are a water hunter, there is a snorkeling lagoon or if you have a boat then launch from Jim Barry Light Harbor park boat ramp, motor straight east to north side of island and toss out an anchor. At low tide on a weekend, this is party central for ski boats and jet skiers on sand bars. Google Images for peanut island park and you see what I mean. I wouldn't waste my time on beaches where the competition is stiff. If every boater who visited this site lost a dime for 2 days a week and there are 500 boats in 52 weeks equals $5200. If one boater out of 20 lost a piece of gold or a ring out of 50 boaters, it adds up.

There is Fisherman Island in Lake Worth Lagoon that has a small beach. Anyone ever hunted it? Hunter's Island, same?

For Miami there is Pace Picnic island a.k.a. Biscayne Bay Party Island: Boaters are already in full-swing, celebrating Memorial Day by hanging out on various party islands across the area, including Biscayne Bay. This island is smack dab in Biscayne Bay, between the Julia Tuttle and Venetian Causeways, directly in front of Margaret Pace Park. As you can see, boaters are already hanging out on the beach of the island, having a great time. Just Google Images for Biscayne Bay Party Island for photos.

Flagler Memorial Island beach is a haven for boaters and jet skiers, owned by the City. Google for images.

Then there is Temptation Island: North Miami: 25.892098, -80.142472, be forewarned it is used by Nudist boaters who have used it for years as a party zone so the bottom should be loaded with jewelry, good place for SCUBA or Hookha diving. Hidden Bay is their other site when the weather is real windy: 25.905941, -80.136853, this is accessible by car.
There you have it several sites that you may not have been aware of probably loaded with treasure. Good hunting! :hello2::icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I was going to start paddling my kayak down to the islands on your list, but I think that by the time I got there...all would be gone. Therefore I will just stay here in New England and try to find a few new areas myself, but thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
My friend let me tell you that they NEVER get it all. Val Forgett dumped tons of Civil War munitions right off that dock. I imagine just tossing a magnet over the side will net you some relics.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mine lives in west palm and took his CTX to peanut island 2 times and never went back. Yes it's definitely a perfect spot with certainly tons of jewelry and clad but the problem he said was an overbearing amount of beer cans, bottle caps, pull tabs and aluminum foil. If someone could tune out that trash then I'm sure they would do VERY well. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
I live in Palm Beach. Peanut Island is a mess. Its like the most polluted sandbar in the world. It could really use an event like a few dozen detectorists to go there and clean all the junk out, then maybe it would be doable. There is just too much cans, caps, and junk that its almost impossible to get any signals even with a small coil.

bn81159

Jul 2, 2012
Boca Raton
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Thanks to the economy, there has been a upswing of detectorist on our beaches and it used to be you could have a leisurely day of finding loose change and maybe a ring or two. Some of us are lucky but lately all I find is junk. For you, TH'ers in Southeast Florida, if you've got a boat good, if you don't then invest in one. I wish I had the time and finances to hunt these sites but since I don't then I will share them with you: Have you hunted Peanut Island Park. There is a water taxi that goes out there for $10.00. If you are a water hunter, there is a snorkeling lagoon or if you have a boat then launch from Jim Barry Light Harbor park boat ramp, motor straight east to north side of island and toss out an anchor. At low tide on a weekend, this is party central for ski boats and jet skiers on sand bars. Google Images for peanut island park and you see what I mean. I wouldn't waste my time on beaches where the competition is stiff. If every boater who visited this site lost a dime for 2 days a week and there are 500 boats in 52 weeks equals $5200. If one boater out of 20 lost a piece of gold or a ring out of 50 boaters, it adds up. There is Fisherman Island in Lake Worth Lagoon that has a small beach. Anyone ever hunted it? Hunter's Island, same? For Miami there is Pace Picnic island a.k.a. Biscayne Bay Party Island: Boaters are already in full-swing, celebrating Memorial Day by hanging out on various party islands across the area, including Biscayne Bay. This island is smack dab in Biscayne Bay, between the Julia Tuttle and Venetian Causeways, directly in front of Margaret Pace Park. As you can see, boaters are already hanging out on the beach of the island, having a great time. Just Google Images for Biscayne Bay Party Island for photos. Flagler Memorial Island beach is a haven for boaters and jet skiers, owned by the City. Google for images. Then there is Temptation Island: North Miami: 25.892098, -80.142472, be forewarned it is used by Nudist boaters who have used it for years as a party zone so the bottom should be loaded with jewelry, good place for SCUBA or Hookha diving. Hidden Bay is their other site when the weather is real windy: 25.905941, -80.136853, this is accessible by car. There you have it several sites that you may not have been aware of probably loaded with treasure. Good hunting! :hello2::icon_thumright:

I totally agree with you. Lots of MD''rs on the beaches. Nowadays you got to think outside the box and I appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Good
Luck ..... Barry

Jun 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny to hear people complain about not finding any more gold and in their next breath they talk about where everyone should go to find the rest of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread