Summer vacation

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And the dry sand detecting is easy. No heavy expensive equipment or waiting for storms and good tides. I can go any time during the day, and most treasures are only one scoop down. Also alot of nice shiny coins, not crusties and paper thins that need to be tumbled. Plus I can post reports and not have to worry about people trying to find my honey hole. Admittedly not as much gold and silver as I find in the water, but just enough to keep me satisfied. Spent a couple of hours out there this morning and had one of my better hunts which included a nice old sterling religious ring. P1000934.JPG P1000947.JPG P1000948.JPG Not very good pictures but there is some nice scroll work on the inside face of the ring.
Well with some good tides coming the end this week, I'll be back in the water for the first time in awhile, but I have a feeling the dry sand is going to be seeing me more and more this summer.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Hunt Bob! Love the old Sterling......Those coins do add up and like you said...less clean hassles.

OP
OP
C

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Joe. I've been doing more fishing than detecting lately, but am getting the urge back.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful silver ring, Bob:hello2:

Maybe see you out there some time .

Keep up the great detecting

Lorraine

OP
OP
C

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and thanks Lorraine, look forward to meeting up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread