Anybody else notice this phenomenon with PI detectors?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yesterday bumped into another hunter on the beach. When we passed each other, we both stopped to chat with our detectors still on. He had a Garrett PI machine, and maybe it was the same frequency as my Sand Shark, because my machine was giving me a pulsing sound in my headphones. The sound stopped when we continued on our way.

Anybody else ever experience this?

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Happens with them all. Really hear that pulse beating when a VLF/Multi freq comes up on ya.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a CZ21 with a 10 inch coil and I cant get closer than 50 feet from the guys I hunt with. They have CZs with 8 inch coils. They can get much closer to each other without interference. I tell them the big 10 inch is sending out the power.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a CZ21 with a 10 inch coil and I cant get closer than 50 feet from the guys I hunt with. They have CZs with 8 inch coils. They can get much closer to each other without interference. I tell them the big 10 inch is sending out the power.

When I have the 12 x 15 on the Excal I'm in the same boat with a few of the guys I sometimes hunt with.....I can literally hear them coming. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions