Beach finds from the spring of 2014

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

A fellow detecting nut from Europe reporting in :hello:

A rainy day over here and I thought I'd register here and take a few shots of the gold and silver picked up so far for everyone to enjoy 8-) Nothing makes you want to go out there again like seeing some great finds eh? works for me.

So here's two and half months worth of very active beach detecting with Garrett AT Pro, dry suit and a stavrscoop :thumbsup:

This is the start of my second season with this hobby and it seems I'm hooked - happy hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jmk you mentioned drysuit, do you scuba and/or snorkel, or just wear the suit with no breathing assistance? Great finds, I was surprised at the volume of rings but yet no diamonds

I just wear the suit without the scuba gear. It is a full diving suit so I could upgrade to scuba/snorkel gear but so far I've kept my head above water. We are pretty modest people on average here and most of the rings found are plain traditional engagement rings with no stones. I have a few with small clear stones which could be diamonds but I haven't had those appraised yet.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one I believe has a diamond but it's very small. Ring is 18K

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
35k.gif

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They're all so beautiful, J.M.K!:wav:

Congrats on fine detecting:hello2:

Lorraine

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not been able to hunt very much for the last week or so but here's the best of last two trips:

These I got from the same beach - different places though. Identical hall marks, silver with amber decoration. Must be old as the hall marks are no longer in use..

1x Copper ring, 2x silver 925, 2x gold 18k both at 6,1g together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more diggin' done :)

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. I've had to cancel 3 trips I planned to Holland to metal detect since 2010, but hope to get back over there one day. Leo Kooistra has a nice dry suit I'd like to try and hopefully buy, but looks like my traveling days are in the past. Love to hit the beaches at Amsterdam and up and down the coast with my At/Pro.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I have been thinking about doing some traveling with my AT also but so far my local beaches keep on giving up the goods :thumbsup: Maybe next year..

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
its not very smart to post all this stuff on a forum considering that your country can be determined by a trained eye.

just saying

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How so? It's not like the beaches are my private hunting grounds :) I don't mind others picking up this hobby or going to the same beaches I do.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
How so? It's not like the beaches are my private hunting grounds :) I don't mind others picking up this hobby or going to the same beaches I do.

you do realize that most of Europe has been emptied to the last signal, right ?

is this what you want for your country to happen ?

there are hordes of hungry addicted hunters who dream about finding a decent lake again.

when the old finds are gone you will discover that very few new rings are lost every year and there will be an army of hunters for each of these rings.

the rings which you are finding now have been waiting for you for decades, but when they are all out then its game over.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just don't take this so seriously. It's a hobby and it's supposed to be fun and I already go detecting with a friend and share finds most of the time which makes the trips all the more fun. I have no problem with others scooping up good finds too. It will be "game over" sooner or later anyway. If someone really travels all the way over here for a few gold rings go right ahead :D but I do hope he/she would share pictures of the finds for all of us to enjoy ;)

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Well I just don't take this so seriously. It's a hobby and it's supposed to be fun and I already go detecting with a friend and share finds most of the time which makes the trips all the more fun. I have no problem with others scooping up good finds too. It will be "game over" sooner or later anyway. If someone really travels all the way over here for a few gold rings go right ahead :D but I do hope he/she would share pictures of the finds for all of us to enjoy ;)

this hobby of ours is particularly addictive, few other things in life are as addictive as finding gold jewelry, so the odds are high that you will sing a different song when all the lakes around you are free from even pull tabs and beer tabs. And it will very likely happen this or next year.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True - this hobby is very addictive and some great memories have been made with good friends and finds but still I'm just happy I found this hobby and have found my share of the good stuff. There's still lots of places to detect after the beaches have been cleaned. I will hit the old fields myself 8-) that's where the really old goodies wait.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
True - this hobby is very addictive and some great memories have been made with good friends and finds but still I'm just happy I found this hobby and have found my share of the good stuff. There's still lots of places to detect after the beaches have been cleaned. I will hit the old fields myself 8-) that's where the really old goodies wait.

well yes, back in 2011-2012 situation in Belgium was as you describe, today however if you enter any lake you wont find as much as a pull tab, and in most lakes you wont even find iron.

my point is: its wise not to show anyone your finds irl, and not to share anything online either or you will lose this hobby very quickly.

believe me: nothing is sadder than sitting at home from September all the way through June, waiting for the summer and for fresh drops, only to find out that every a very crowded beach produces only a few new rings per season and even for these few rings there is competition.

my point is: be very private, as private as you can, or many more new hunters will buy detectors and will empty it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread