Beach finds from the spring of 2014

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

A fellow detecting nut from Europe reporting in :hello:

A rainy day over here and I thought I'd register here and take a few shots of the gold and silver picked up so far for everyone to enjoy 8-) Nothing makes you want to go out there again like seeing some great finds eh? works for me.

So here's two and half months worth of very active beach detecting with Garrett AT Pro, dry suit and a stavrscoop :thumbsup:

This is the start of my second season with this hobby and it seems I'm hooked - happy hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TonyTiger

Nov 5, 2013
Mellieha, Malta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass Umax and Minelab X Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some great find you have.i spent all of winter and up to this week and found nothing like what you have.Maybe I'm using the wrong detectors.tesoro cutlass on the dry sand and whites eagle sl 90 on the wet,don't get me wrong I'm finding hundreds off coins going back to the 1970s but no jewellery.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only search from deep water. From about knee to neck deep. Most jewelry seems to be in waist deep water and deeper. It requires a bit of gear and technique to dig deeper but it's well worth it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pile of treasure!!

That is some great find you have.i spent all of winter and up to this week and found nothing like what you have.Maybe I'm using the wrong detectors.tesoro cutlass on the dry sand and whites eagle sl 90 on the wet,don't get me wrong I'm finding hundreds off coins going back to the 1970s but no jewellery.

TT, maybe it's just not there, Location and the history of places plays a very big part in what you find.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Geez, you aren't having any fun at all now are you. Sweet pile of treasure! HH ALL

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul! You could start your own jewelry store!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very Nice Haul!!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Looks like fresh water hunting? I'd also (and I imagine other forum members) would like to have more gold photos and some description of K value...mostly 18K or less? Close ups of Gold really turns me on!

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Haul!!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Looks like fresh water hunting? I'd also (and I imagine other forum members) would like to have more gold photos and some description of K value...mostly 18K or less? Close ups of Gold really turns me on!

Actually both fresh and salt water detecting...I'm not picky about the place as long as it's got history 8-)

Here are some of my better finds up close:

14K from 1968 with 8 diamonds? or zircons and the other 18K from 1965.

14K from 1959 with a nice size unknown stone, has a light blue colour in natural light. Salt water find this week.

18K from 1937 with Emerald stone I presume.

18K from 1929 with unknown stone.This is from last year.

14K with silver "bed" for the black spinel stones. From the 50s.

A hat trick from one well planned trip, All 14K - on top is a graduate ring from 1945 which I think is a special order based on a similiar iron ring. Under that is a russian rose gold band from around 1920s. The smallest is modern gold.

Two identical 18K bands from 1964 and 65 both weight around 6,5g each. One found last year and second this spring - different beaches :)

This is a special one - It's the first gold I found and it's 18K with yellow, rose and white gold plates in a shape of a crown.

So there's some of my best gold finds so far. It's mostly pretty old and atleast 14K all...about half or more is 18K.

Edit: added a couple more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like the AT Pro in the salt compared to that minelab there?

The Excalibur in the picture belongs to a friend of mine. We hunt together pretty often. I haven't tried it but from what we have talked with my friend it has zero interference in salt water as my AT has a bit of a learning curve in salt conditions. Worst beach I've been on had black sand and salt...AT shouted like crazy but still after a lot of ear and gear calibration I dug lots of gold there :)

My friend with the excal also has the ATX. He's more serious with the equipment :metaldetector: I plan to hunt with my trusty AT as long as it lasts. I've learned pretty much all its tricks by now :)

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!
That one ring with the big blue stone could be aquamarine. Those stones can tend to be pretty faint in color.
Keep it up and GL and HH!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great photos! Thanks for posting..vewry much appreciated!

Is your friend getting some good depth out of his ATX? I've had mine about 3 months now and it's deep..but oh so HEAVY! I'll have to post my 3 month finds.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!
That one ring with the big blue stone could be aquamarine. Those stones can tend to be pretty faint in color.
Keep it up and GL and HH!

Thanks, it might be just that. The colour shifts from clear to sky blue depending on light and angle. Here's one pic where it's more blue

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos! Thanks for posting..vewry much appreciated!

Is your friend getting some good depth out of his ATX? I've had mine about 3 months now and it's deep..but oh so HEAVY! I'll have to post my 3 month finds.

You are welcome :) it's fun to share. Yeah, he gets a little too much depth with the ATX and is now rather using his old excal again :) I think it might be a bit too much tech for beach detecting but it's an impressive piece of kit no doubt :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a new pirate in Europe to me. :thumbsup:

Arrr matey! :skullflag: :laughing7:

On a more serious note - a lot of my gold and silver finds are from places not hunted before or I have found a spot on a hunted beach that others have missed. I have a great advantage in living in a small country where this hobby is still pretty unknown and just starting to get more attention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread