Christened the RTG water scoop last night

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bought the RTG aluminum travel water scoop out last night and tried some shallow water night detecting. Scoop performed well, though I would prefer a wider scoop as it seemed like I had to dig about 5-6 times before the target was retrieved, but then again both the scoop and detector are quite new to me, no doubt I will get more proficient in their use.

Was rewarded with an old scuffed up 24k ring and another junker- plus the usual haul of coins and junk.

Working in the water is really hard work and more difficult than I imagined, but I love the muscle workout benefits too.

The gold makes it worth it!
uploadfromtaptalk1402723521951.jpg
I was using a whites id300, which I have had for about 2 weeks. Since upgrading from an Ace 150.
Its a fine machine and also preformed quite well on the wet and dry sand as well as underwater.
uploadfromtaptalk1402723583277.jpg

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Wow look at all those hallmarks! Congrats on 24k band!
Yeah, if you are curios they say
Chu ( surname maker or designer?)
9999 (gold purity mark)
Chow Sang Sang ( jewelry shop in Hong Kong)
'Thousand Gold' (Chinese purity hallmark)
Fong (surname- maker or designer?)

Earlier today I went to Chow Sang Sang and looked at some new gold bands similar to this and the hallmark has changed, making me think this is an older ring. Possibly getting roughed up by the action of the surf either that or lost by an elderly person who owned the ring and scuffed it up over many years.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring. Id 300 is a great choice too for saltwater sand and water.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG - KEEP IT UP :thumbsup:

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I wouldn't mind a 24K find myself. Just the rarity of it must make you grin like santa on christmas eve :icon_thumright:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Very nice hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread