First gold of the year

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first gold this year, a 14K bracelet that weighs 11.90 grams. Broke the nut on my coil somehow and it nearly drove me crazy before I noticed it. Dug and dug this solid 56 signal and noticed the bracelet hanging part way out of my scoop. If I hadn't modified my scoop, I probably would have lost it. Got another signal and it was driving me crazy when I noticed the nut and half of the bolt for my coil was missing. Glad I had a spare in the car, but I couldn't find the exact area again and believe there was some more gold because it was hitting the same repeatable signal as the bracelet. Someone had dug a huge hole in the river about 2 feet in diameter and 1-1/2 feet deep and when I stepped into it backwards looking at my sifter, it ended the day for me. Found a boat bow light near the sea wall and lots of jigs someone had tossed and I got as many of them as I could to protect the little kids feet. Tube and light were almost 3 feet long. Found my first buffalo nickel at the river, 1935 is the date. Found lots of trash, tin foil even in chest deep water and my first token of the year and some clad. Two pieces of junk jewelry, at least one of them I know, but have to clean the other. Had 3 hours scheduled,
but only got two hours at the river. Found a small safety pin with some colored plastic dots on it and all my targets were ringing up 6-8 inches deep with the 5 X 8 coil.
First gold of the year 001 (Custom).jpg First gold of the year 002 (Custom).jpg First gold of the year 003 (Custom).jpg First gold of the year 004 (Custom).jpg First gold of the year 005 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread