SOuth FLorida Beaches

uscphil

Sep 21, 2013
Salem, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am normally into prospecting from upstate SC but will be down here now at least a while until can save for some kind of liveable camper with all the goodies for cheap lol. Anyhow, I am staying in Jensen Beach, that is about hour north of palm beach on southeast coast named Treasure Coast. I guess my question is, I have never tried for gold and I wondering what advice you can give me to get a "best gold detector" especially for beach sand. If they are too much which they probably will be, anyone have one to rent, say by the week in this southeast FL location, I could come pick up and leave you something but if you talk to anyone in SOuth Carolina youtube videos Phil is my name and I am honest as they come.

ARGHHH Me have a pirates map and X marks the spot ;-)

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your best bet for Fla. gold is in the water - so you might be sol
Maybe one of the Fla. guys will hook with you and will let borrow a machine
good luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get you drift you are going to be looking for lost gold jewelry and not nuggets. About any land detector can hunt the dry sand well. But most of the gold rings and chains are in the wet sand and to hunt that well you need a machine that sends out more than one frequency at a time. Something like a Excal, CZ-21, Beach Hunter ID, or a pulse unit that won't be affected by the salt content.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions