Someone called the cops but ended well

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I was hunting around a very exclusive neighborhood, one of the lesser known beach accesses. I hunt at night so I don't have to deal with people, great moonlight, cool breeze and temps. About half way into my hunt a cop comes on the beach with his light, asks me what I am up to. Told him, and it turns out he metal detects too, said he had a whites and he had never seen anyone else on this particular beach detecting. He was a very nice guy, just doing his job, checking out the situation. He told me to stay off the private property, which I do and good luck :icon_thumleft:

I was fully expecting to be told to leave, as the crowd on this island can be a bit uppity, and many are not aware that much of the beach is public.

No good finds, just clad, but the clad had been in the ground a long time, which I don't see much.

Also, I have been using the AT Pro for over 3 years, and this is the FIRST time I have been able to hunt a beach with SENS cranked up all the way and no chatter. Apparently this particular beach has very low mineralization, I hope to go back, today was more of an exploratory hunt, I always like checking out lesser known beach accesses.

Upvote 0

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! You got a nice Cop! I've had them make me leave knowing that it's there area to hunt. Oh Well! That's the way it goes.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it turned out well for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread