wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out on my road bike this afternoon and spied something shiny on the side of the road. I'm always looking down since I started detecting. Turned around and climbed back up the hill to find this little 10k chain with a smashed 925 heart pendant...Totally Addicted:laughing9:

010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's how I found my first treasure in 1964 while riding my bicycle over to a friends house and spied some green paper in the grass on the roadside. I went back to check it and it was a $20 bill. This was in the day when minimum wage was $1 an hour so this was half of someone's pay. That $20 kept me in .22 Long Rifles through Squirrel and Rabbit seasons. I was getting 10 cents for every squirrel tail from Herter's in Minnesota for fly tyers. Of course a 16 oz Grape Nehi was a dime and a Butterfinger was a nickle and that box of .22 LR were 95 cents and you didn't have to be 21 to buy them.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty awesome! Someone a few years ago posted something about how we MDers will spend 20 minutes digging a signal that turns out to be a nickel but we wont bend over in the Wal-Mart parking lot to pick up a penny.

OP
OP
wildcarrot

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I found my first treasure in 1964 while riding my bicycle over to a friends house and spied some green paper in the grass on the roadside. I went back to check it and it was a $20 bill. This was in the day when minimum wage was $1 an hour so this was half of someone's pay. That $20 kept me in .22 Long Rifles through Squirrel and Rabbit seasons. I was getting 10 cents for every squirrel tail from Herter's in Minnesota for fly tyers. Of course a 16 oz Grape Nehi was a dime and a Butterfinger was a nickle and that box of .22 LR were 95 cents and you didn't have to be 21 to buy them.

That is a great little story.........:)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty awesome! Someone a few years ago posted something about how we MDers will spend 20 minutes digging a signal that turns out to be a nickel but we wont bend over in the Wal-Mart parking lot to pick up a penny.

On the contrary, my backside was out'a the truck and two spots over in a heart beat, scooping up 99 of them, much to the embarrassment of the other half! :dontknow: :laughing7:
Who wouldn't pick up a dollar? Just a penny short of one!
I don't get around fast...unless money is involved! Free money is my favorite kind! :headbang:

Nice score wildcarrot! Congrats!

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You must eat a lot of Carrots, sharp eyes!! Good catch...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Terrific story, wildcarrot!

Congrats on finding that silver chain with heart pendant..it's beautiful!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread