Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My .925 hot streak moves into its second week lol. Added 17 grams yesterday along with $9.00 in clad. Beaches are getting very busy and I am optimistic for some gold. The find of the week however, was taking my wife along and setting her up with the AT Pro. She went once before but got bored quickly so I had pretty low expectations lol. Working the volleyball nets I hit the ring (with Latin sayings inscribed) 15 feet from her....why couldn't that be in her path? 2 minutes later she pops the small .925 earring and catches the hunting fever and it's on. 5 hours and one huge silver earring with bling later (for me), we are having lunch and I pop the question...so, do you want to go tomorrow? Sure, sounds like fun.

And so that's how it's begins. Very cool to have the wife interested in one of my hobbies. Can't convince her to take up mountain biking or cruise the canyons in the ZO6 Vette but at least we can spend some quality time at the beach and find her some bling. Hmmmm.....any suggestions on how I convince her we need a CTX3030?

Good Luck!

Sal

Attachments

• image-3704127955.jpg
    image-3704127955.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those are all beauties, rc8:headbang:

I like the style of that earring

Lorraine

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Very nice red...

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Two carrots...no, not from the salad bar, but in a nice gold setting will bring you a 3030!
My carrot and a third was a bit short of the two carrot mark but it did bring me an ATX!

GeorgiaSwinger

May 28, 2010
Georgia coast
Detector(s) used
minelab Sov. GT, minelab Excal II, Fisher CZ21, minelab Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
the better the detector the better the finds .. that's the line I used when I was just starting out ... worked great !! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice silver!

Just show her some pics of awesome CTX 3030 finds! You may not have to ask, she my buy her own! Lol!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still haven't fessed up for my ctx when I was asked about the box I said I took it out of attic to look for the manual!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet! Although there is that New card out front,

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds and getting the wife into your hobby is great. GL & HH to both of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread