HELP! Lorraine!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine, I can't I.D. the hallmark on this ring? It appears to be, "C.CO. Sterling/12K" which I believe is the Coleman Co., which designs sterling & gold jewelry using black hills gold, but if so they either don't make this ring or no longer offer it? At present I'm stumped? What do you think? :icon_scratch:

100_0025.jpg

I'll see if I can't capture a picture of the hallmark but it's not in a good location.

Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful ring, Scoop! Congrats on finding anything in these miserable conditions. Water find? :icon_queen:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring, Scoop! Congrats on finding anything in these miserable conditions. Water find? :icon_queen:

Wet sand. It's slow going out there, for sure, but there's still some productive areas of beach. Plucked this stuff today. A sterling "Amore" ring, a tungsten carbide fooler, a sterling starfish pendent, a few junkers, and several coins not pictured. But most everything was fairly deep, say 8-10" down, many of the coins were even deeper.
line.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find...congrats.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a beauty, bigscoop ! :wav:

I'm with OBN's info....just as you called it.

Now, why can't I find a ring like that?...next time, maybe.

Congrats on a job well done!

Lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
More nice finds!:hello2:

I like that starfish pin.

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the fine detecting!! :)
Black Hills gold jewelry is a type of jewelry manufactured in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It was first created in the 1870s during the Black Hills Gold Rush by a French goldsmith named Henri LeBeau, who is said to have dreamed about the design after passing out from thirst and starvation. Black Hills gold jewelry depicts leaves, grape clusters and vines, and is made with alloys of gold with standard yellow gold as well as green and pink gold. In 1980, the 8th Circuit affirmed an injunction ruling that if a manufacturer was to call its jewelry Black Hills Gold, then it must be made in the Black Hills. The state of South Dakota designated Black Hills gold as the official state jewelry in 1988.

The designs use grapes, grape leaves and grape stems and are easily recognizable for their distinctive colors. Silver is alloyed with the yellow gold to produce the green hue, and copper is alloyed with the yellow gold to make the red or pink gold. The jewelry was originally made with South Dakota-mined gold but in more recent years, since the closure of the Homestake Mine, the gold is sourced elsewhere.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe! I looked on ebay and couldn't find one that offered the hallmark. Strangely, I did learn that there are about three companies that make this same design.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeaa buddy. Congrats. Hint of something off the coast next week. Fingers crossed

Prediction....."if" we get a good enough blow to strip even a foot or two of sand off these beaches the hunting is going to be fantastic for a while. I've been doing ok as things are but most everything I've found has been fairly deep so there has to be a ton of stuff just out of reach. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread