42.3 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reilly's treasured gold has them also pretty reasonable... Or make your own from old patio furniture material which is also sold at Home Depot and lowes in the garden section.

image-170267828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-947623433.jpg
    image-947623433.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 93

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a scallop bag! I didn't even click TH's link, but I'll bet it's better than a scallop bag.
My friend just pins a sock booty to her wetsuit. The "good stuff" ain't going in them bags or socks, anyway.
I just use a cheap walmart plastic fannypack with ziplock baggies for my keys and .......

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Think 'one hand operation'

The other will be holding your scoop or detector.

The mesh bag is definitely a two handed operation.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bag from Kellyco has 3 pockets one of which is a hidden pocket to hide gold recovered . Large pocket is for trash..

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Saltwater" is the problem, it will eventually cause most fabrics and materials to dry rot, even if you keep them routinely rinsed with fresh water. This is why most pouches designed for the salt environment are made of that fiberglass mesh/screen or a similar material. Strangely, however, for some reason they still use metal zippers in some of these pouches, which sort of defeats the purpose. The KellyCo pouch is very tough and durable to these salt environments and it uses a Velcro closure on the main compartment, but it also has a metal zipper in the small side compartment, which eventually always corrodes and fails. :icon_scratch: Like TH I use the KellyCo pouch simply because it is tough and made for the environment, except for that one small side compartment with the metal zipper.

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I use one of the bags that they give out for the dog waste. Nobody wants to know what I have found.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAVE SEEN THEM ALOT CHEAPER - DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR MESH BAGS

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Got mine from Reillys treasure gold in Pompano. Right near 95 off old mcnab. Last so far 1yr 7 months. Only problem is it only holds about 4 ounces of gold. You have to keep emptying your bag. Alot of time is wasted do to this problem. They have a Santa version, just feel it will put to much strain on back.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Scoop is spot on about the zipper eventually failing. I use two Kellyc. 3 pocket mesh bags.
The one with the failed zipper for the nasty trash and clad coins. and a replacement bag (all compartments good) to tote water and snacks plus hide found items of value from sight.

The bag from Kellyco has 3 pockets one of which is a hidden pocket to hide gold recovered . Large pocket is for trash..

"Saltwater" is the problem, it will eventually cause most fabrics and materials to dry rot, even if you keep them routinely rinsed with fresh water. This is why most pouches designed for the salt environment are made of that fiberglass mesh/screen or a similar material. Strangely, however, for some reason they still use metal zippers in some of these pouches, which sort of defeats the purpose. The KellyCo pouch is very tough and durable to these salt environments and it uses a Velcro closure on the main compartment, but it also has a metal zipper in the small side compartment, which eventually always corrodes and fails. :icon_scratch: Like TH I use the KellyCo pouch simply because it is tough and made for the environment, except for that one small side compartment with the metal zipper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread