Mighty Whitey Beachhunter

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi all.
Saturday night, down the beach until I was exhausted (4 am), even at that hour a lot of people down the beach and a lot of old people night swimming !

Had the Whites Beachmaster, it did a very good job in the salt water, I mainly stuck to the water edge and tide lines.

Found 3 rings: One very old silver, one encrusted junk and one Platinum.
Mostly hit either coins or 3:1 change a pull-tab/blob.

I think it is Platinum, the markings inside are all in Chinese inc. '"True/Real/Genuine" White Gold' which, I am told, means Platinum?
Anyone know any simple test?
uploadfromtaptalk1404033273484.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Chinese hallmarks translates it to 'True White Gold' whatever that is. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
Hallmarks seem blurry, maybe the ring was resized at some point.
Also some engraving inside from a woman, dated 1982.
uploadfromtaptalk1404033798877.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, great finds.

Say, could you do me a favor?

In 1973 I lost a Seiko watch in Kowloon Bay. If you happen to run across it...

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
cool man, doesnt look white gold or platinum to me, but it looks like legit gold and nice

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Wow, great finds.

Sure! However, I doubt there is a square foot of Kowloon bay that isn't paved over nowadays
Rest assured if I find goodies I will post it up and return them if possible.

Heading out tonight again! Is it possible to hit gold a third time in a row?
... Probably just jinxed myself, but I ain't going to find anything home either!
uploadfromtaptalk1404106850239.jpg

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weight your ring on an accurate jewlers scale.
Platinum is heavy for a given size ring as it is more dense than gold.

As a quick check, bounce it in your hand - from the weight, it will feel as if the ring was made of lead.

Hi all.
Saturday night, down the beach until I was exhausted (4 am), even at that hour a lot of people down the beach and a lot of old people night swimming !

Had the Whites Beachmaster, it did a very good job in the salt water, I mainly stuck to the water edge and tide lines.

Found 3 rings: One very old silver, one encrusted junk and one Platinum.
Mostly hit either coins or 3:1 change a pull-tab/blob.

I think it is Platinum, the markings inside are all in Chinese inc. '"True/Real/Genuine" White Gold' which, I am told, means Platinum?
Anyone know any simple test?
View attachment 1016096

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Whatever the metallic content is, that ring is beautiful!! :hello2:

Congrats !

Lorraine

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Hi guys, another hunt tonight. But forced to call it early due to storms, managed an old ring. Strange Arabic or Hebrew type symbols. Not sure of the metal, maybe copper or brass.
Any speculation welcome uploadfromtaptalk1404140682990.jpg

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
IMG_20140701_123128.jpg
Hi all, quick update. Cleaned up the ring possible silver. No idea what the writing is or language.
The OP ring turned out to be platinum, jeweler said it was at least 10yrs old bases on old hallmark format, but actual platinum % is unknown.
Not that it matters much, just interesting to know what's out there... Under the sands of time!

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great finds.

Probably still runs. Mine did going through the washer. Hey - it was dirty! :laughing7:

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
5 July hunt.
Pile of coins and pull tabs...
uploadfromtaptalk1404605180959.jpg
And a little gold ring 14k and a wafer thin 24k icon
uploadfromtaptalk1404605243179.jpg

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Hi guys, might as well just keep going on this thread instead of opening a new one each time.
School/Summer holidays so I made a B-line to the beach determined to get a lot of detecting in.
Well I now fear this start may be hard to follow up.
I almost scored the holy quadrella : Gold, Silver, Platinum and diamond in a single hunt.
First up I found an old decaying silver ring and about 3 hours later a junk class ring.
Nearby I scored the 'diamond' and ran back to show my wife, jokingly proposing to her with it.
Went back and bang! Hit the chunky gold ring, so I ran back to her again and joked that this is for the wedding!
Returning to the same spot again, hit a little platinum ring. I kept hammering the same spot, there were targets everywhere!
But alas, no more jewelry- just coins, sinkers and junk. Afterwards the place looked like a rabbit warren. I could have stayed longer, but
my arms were too sore.
I used the Whites ID300, I almost didnt dig the gold ring- the target didn't sound off, just a green-LED flash, turning off the discriminator was a fairly dull buzz over the sand, but I dug it down about 9 inches and the signal got stronger. Its a fat ring too, about 7mm wide and I guess about 7-8 grams, maybe more. sweet
uploadfromtaptalk1405130966831.jpg
This is my 4th 24k/999.9 ring and second platinum, I've been detecting about a year, but didn't really start getting any goodies until
a few months ago- maybe it is experience kicking in.

My growing collection
uploadfromtaptalk1405130988239.jpg

Thanks for reading and hope you hit some shiny this holidays!

Last edited:

tigershark11

Dec 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an impressive collection.. I just bought an older beachhunter id and just startying to figure it out.The one thing I'm not sure about is the ground balancing but I managed to get some coins.. Thanks for inspiring me to kee- moving though. I'll be back out tomorrow morning @ 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread