I am so "Jonesin"

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bucket of sand and bag of salt in the bathtub...8-) Yaa it has to be a big switch not being or near a coastal area. Even just the smell and sounds.
Hang in there,plan and scheme to touch the ocean again even just for a visit.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, buy a cd with all those ocean sounds. Next, I'll send you a baggie of sand, a vile of saltwater, and a few pieces of assorted treasure. You can do this wherever it suits you but all you have to do from here is dump the sand and saltwater over the assorted pieces of treasure and turn on the cd. I'll be offering these kits soon in the following manner:

Economy Pack: Small baggie of sand, a small vile of saltwater, and an assortment of pull tabs & pennies - $39.95.
Quick Recovery Pack: Medium baggie of sand, medium vile of saltwater, and an assortment of clad and junk jewelry - $59.95
Beach Pro Pack: Large baggie of sand, large vile of saltwater, and an assortment of silver jewelry - $129.95
Extreme Hunter Pack: Large baggie of sand, large vile of saltwater, and an assortment of silver jewelry with bonus gold item - $399.95.

Which one would you like? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
releventchair.....I always keep schemes in my mind...and as soon as the mother in law passes away...I need a vacation after taking care of her for almost 1 year with no breaks....almost 24/7. bigscoop, you are too much...lol...I do have the ocean waves on my alarm clock with bonus seagulls! Hell for 399.95, I could get a ticket to come to Jupiter to stay with my son for a week or so.....that's if you don't mind coming here to take care of a almost 92 year old pain in the royal @#% mother in law !!! But at least youz' guyz' gave me a smile...Thanks :occasion14: now I'll get that margerita that's calling my name! Or 2. :laughing7:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life will never be the same, after the ordeal of providing care for 26 hours a day has passed.
But you will be a better person for it, as you have hung tough and not taken the easy way out.

Your return to the beaches, will be just that much sweeter and more enjoyable when you return, hopefully soon!
Until then, focus on the thrill and enjoyment of past hunts. If you do this, you will not miss them terribly as they will be with you, each and every day.

releventchair.....I always keep schemes in my mind...and as soon as the mother in law passes away...I need a vacation after taking care of her for almost 1 year with no breaks....almost 24/7. bigscoop, you are too much...lol...I do have the ocean waves on my alarm clock with bonus seagulls! Hell for 399.95, I could get a ticket to come to Jupiter to stay with my son for a week or so.....that's if you don't mind coming here to take care of a almost 92 year old pain in the royal @#% mother in law !!! But at least youz' guyz' gave me a smile...Thanks :occasion14: now I'll get that margerita that's calling my name! Or 2. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, already have two 24/7, both 87.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Lady Pirate!! A girl after my own heart. It's rough, I know, but be proud. You're doing the right thing and what is so sad is that we're next in line! Enjoy the margaritas and your time is coming!! :icon_queen:

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's sad is that I am going to live to be 102......but my dear friends "I" have a sense of humor that will make a snail roll over and laugh. She is so negative and never can see or say anything good about any situation! Hell....I can see me slapping the butts of nice hunks when they come around me..... anywhere.....anytime !!!! :laughing7::laughing7::occasion14: and still slurping the drinks down ( even though it might be with a straw) saying " One is to many....one hundred is not enough"! LOL Life is just so sweet......the nectar is waiting

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're always welcomed here in West Central Florida Mi-Lady!! Ray

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach is far too busy and far too sanded in now anyway. You're not missing much. :thumbsup:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless you for taking care of your mother-in-law. It's hard, but did you ever think she might be in so much pain and maybe confused, she sees only the negatives. It's hard to be positive when you're 92 and think you're in everybody's way. I've been looking after my blind 83 year old Mama for the last 10 years and have not had a vacation since 2007 and she took some allergy medicine and really got on my case Sunday morning and I had looked forward to our church dinner all week. She got concerned that I was doing too much and the reality is, if something happens to me, she ends up in a nursing home. We talked it out and everything is fine, but when you're scared, you say and do somethings that seem negative and even spiteful, but it's just the fear talking. Prayers for both of you. God bless. Her older brother was sexually assaulted in a nursing home and nothing was ever done about it. He about starved to death because when she or his other sisters were not able to drive over to the town where he was, a 100 mile round-trip, he didn't eat and the people in the nursing home where he was did not have time to feed the older people. If they couldn't eat or have a family member feed them, they just starved. I'm her only caregiver and I get on her nerves sometimes and vice versa. When I get in one day of detecting a week and that's if I'm real lucky, I head to the river and all my cares take flight and all is well even tho I feel pressure to get back as quick as possible. Sometimes it's months before I can go and here lately, I've been getting 2-3 hours and sometimes 4-5 hours at the river once a week and that makes all the difference. Hope somebody can give you a break and that will help both of you very much.

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless you for taking care of your mother-in-law. It's hard, but did you ever think she might be in so much pain and maybe confused, she sees only the negatives. It's hard to be positive when you're 92 and think you're in everybody's way. I've been looking after my blind 83 year old Mama for the last 10 years and have not had a vacation since 2007 and she took some allergy medicine and really got on my case Sunday morning and I had looked forward to our church dinner all week. She got concerned that I was doing too much and the reality is, if something happens to me, she ends up in a nursing home. We talked it out and everything is fine, but when you're scared, you say and do somethings that seem negative and even spiteful, but it's just the fear talking. Prayers for both of you. God bless. Her older brother was sexually assaulted in a nursing home and nothing was ever done about it. He about starved to death because when she or his other sisters were not able to drive over to the town where he was, a 100 mile round-trip, he didn't eat and the people in the nursing home where he was did not have time to feed the older people. If they couldn't eat or have a family member feed them, they just starved. I'm her only caregiver and I get on her nerves sometimes and vice versa. When I get in one day of detecting a week and that's if I'm real lucky, I head to the river and all my cares take flight and all is well even tho I feel pressure to get back as quick as possible. Sometimes it's months before I can go and here lately, I've been getting 2-3 hours and sometimes 4-5 hours at the river once a week and that makes all the difference. Hope somebody can give you a break and that will help both of you very much.

No....she always just has been negative. Her first husband even told her that if she couldn't say anything good or nice then don't say anything at all...
i just gets overwhelming to listen to so much negativity day after day. And then for her to tell me how to do everything...cheeze and rice, how did I manage all these years without her???? I am just am totally burnt out for giving so much and need a break. I will be ok. I keep thinking to meself "And this too, shall pass."

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach is far too busy and far too sanded in now anyway. You're not missing much. :thumbsup:
You ain't just a whistling Dixie. I'm through till fall winds and cooler temps arrive!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady pirate, sounds like if your mother in law ( had the ability to recognize her constant negativity and stop being her normal self ) she would thank you for what you are doing and what you have done,! I hope you can get some relief soon, your a great Daughter in law!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a break. Hope someone can fill in for you and you can get out and recharge your batteries. I got out for just 2 hours today and it was great.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No....she always just has been negative. Her first husband even told her that if she couldn't say anything good or nice then don't say anything at all...
i just gets overwhelming to listen to so much negativity day after day. And then for her to tell me how to do everything...cheeze and rice, how did I manage all these years without her???? I am just am totally burnt out for giving so much and need a break. I will be ok. I keep thinking to meself "And this too, shall pass."

"This too shall run it's course." That's what I said seven years ago. Truth is, it's only going to get worse and require more time if you let that happen, as I did. Doing the "right thing" becomes a two-way street eventually but once people have become dependent on you that two-way street becomes harder and harder to access. Every time you do get a chance to take a break the phone will ring, which pretty much invades your break over and over again until there was no break at all. "Don't wait" for an opportune time because they will seldom come, if ever. Schedule things in advance and let everyone know that you'll be, "out of reach except in the case of extreme emergency." If you allow it you'll just keep getting sucked in deeper and deeper simply because, "you're the only recognized caregiver." As things progress doctors, hospice, visiting aids, pharmacies, you name it, they'll all be needing to talk to you all the time. So here's some food for thought:

1) Adult day cares. I started using one. They can be found for as little as $5 to $10 per hour and many of them will even offer 24/7 extended stays. "Use them!"
2) Family - sometimes you just have to draw the line in the sand. "Today is your day. Period!" If you don't do this they will always have reasons why they can't. Don't be afraid to upset this boat if you must.
3) And last, your mother's family doctor can really turn you onto some good options as far as getting help and they can even hook you up with people who will help you find those adult day care facilities. This same doctor can also order home health aids, etc., that are paid for through medicare and medicaid. "Take all the help you can get!" Did I mention that my father has Alzheimer and compared to mother he's the easy one. So I have two at age 87.

And on a closing note, my mother has grown so nasty, hostile, and hard headed she fell and hit her head on the concrete the other day. When the ambulance arrived they took the concrete to the hospital. :laughing7: If it wasn't for humor I'd be insane by now. :thumbsup:

Trust me, if you let it happen the 24/7 caregiver thing can "and will" take over your entire life if you allow it to. Don't allow it to happen! It can actually start to wear on your own physical and mental health if you do. I finally had to put my foot down, draw that line in the sand. "I either get some time away or I'm out of here. Period!"

Last edited:

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big scoop , Fongu , lady pirate, I have much respect for you guys , Shawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions