Whats the Best beach detector?

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
i was in the same situation... i live on the beach and its where i primarily hunt.. i got the ace 250 as well, and its good in the dry sand, but i know i wasnt getting everything i wanted.. well i ordered the x-terra 50 and recieved it today, just got back from my first hunt with it and i still have ALOT to learn about it, but unlike the ace, it doesnt false in the wet sand, just gotta drop the sens. down to about 11 (out of 20), and on the moist/dryer sand, i was running sens at 15.. was getting good depth, and dug almost no foil, (in setting 1 which gets rid of IDs -6 to +3) where as with the ace, in jewlery mode, foil bits came up as 5c all the time and it was a pain... and today with the x50, found half of a 925 silver ring.. first one ever... in my 3 hrs, got 6 quarters, 4 dimes, 2 nickels, 17 pennies, SOME trash because you cant escape it, and that half of a 925 silver ring... so far i love this machine.. seems like just what i needed for the beach... even submerged the coil in the saltwater, no falsing and seems like i will be able to detect the waters edge without a problem...

G

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't I read this post somewhere else?

Being since the ACE 250 has no ground balance, to get deeper you NEED it. If you want to hunt the wet sand, a saltwater mode is necessary or a PI.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
in my opinion, the best beach detector would be the minelab excalaber.

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hollowpointred said:
in my opinion, the best beach detector would be the minelab excalaber.

I concur wholeheartedly. Minelab Excalibur all the way.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if I did not get in the surf like I do and just hunted wet sand, I would still use my Excal.

I am going to get a back up for my Excal............ another Excal! ;D

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Excal 1000 & 800 and in a pinch an EX 2 with a WOT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread