YYattachment.jpg XXattachment.jpg

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Loaned a detector to a lady friend who stayed a couple of weeks. She pulled a lot of Pesos out of the sand, had no problem disposing of them to the children who followed her. She found no jewelry, still a novice but she had fun.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He needs to check around, some of the beaches are now restricted. I had a customer come back and tell me two of the areas he tried to hunt were now off limits.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

gus

Oct 15, 2004
curious what beaches they had problems with. i know some ai try an chase off non guests.also lots folks with machines now days an its possible someone working at a beach club does not want the competition. el presidente is hard to get to unless you are a guest

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAD NO PROBS IN WATER - I DO KNOW THAT SOME RESORTS DONT WANT NON GUEST ON THEIR DRY SAND - BUT THAY CANT SAY WATER IS PRIVATE -- ANOTHER REASON I STAY LOW AND FARTHER OUT IN THE WATER - NOW AND THEN HAVE HAD A FEW YELL HEY TO ME - I WONT TURN TOWARD THEM AND MAKE LIKE I CANT HEAR THEM -- THEY USUALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND AND POSSIBLY CLAIM IT THEM SELVES - LIVE AND LEARN THING - HAVE HEARD OF SOME ASKING FOR A FEE (ILLEGALLY ASK) AND OTHERS SAY YOU HAVE TO TURN ALL GOLD INTO THEM (ILLEGALLY) - I NEVER - NEVER SHOW AND TELL JEWELRY - IF THEY TELL ME SOMEONE LOST SOMETHING - IVE NEVER HAD A PROB LOOKING FOR IT AND TELL THEM I'LL TURN INTO THE FRONT DESK (WHICH THEY USUALLY MAKE A FACE AT - CAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO GIVE TO THEM SO THEY CAN KEEP IT OR COLLECT REWARD FOR IT)
I HAD A GUARD YELL AT ME AT RESORT TIGER WOODS STAYED AT - BUT I HAD READ ALL THE TRAVEL BOOKS STATING THE WATERS ARE PUBLIC ALL AROUND BARBADOS BUT THEIR SAND IS PRIVATE - MY GAL SET UP A BLAMKET JUST OFF OF THEIR SANDS AND I JUMPED IN THERE - HE TRIED TO TELL ME TO MOVE ON - TOLD HIM WATERS ARE PUBLIC AND SHOOK MY HEAD NO - THEN PUT MY HEADPHONES BACK ON AND MY FACE BACK IN THE WATER - WHAT S HE GONNA DO - SWIM OUT AND GET ME
I THINK ABOUT EVERY CARRIBEAN ISLAND STATES THAT THEIR WATERS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - THEY DONT WANT ANY RESORT SHUNNING THEIR LOCALS - THEY WILL STOP THEM FROM SELLING OR HANGING AROUND THE DRY - BUT THE WATERS ARE FREE- AT LEAST IN MY TRAVELS SO FAR

curious what beaches they had problems with. i know some ai try an chase off non guests.also lots folks with machines now days an its possible someone working at a beach club does not want the competition. el presidente is hard to get to unless you are a guest

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure which beach, it was a public beach he had hunted many times in years past. This time, as was assembling his detector, he was approached and told it was no longer allowed.

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions