how to shorten a hookah hose

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I personally wouldn't shorten a good hose. One that had a leak, sure thing, but to shorten a perfectly good hose would be a waste in my opinion.

If you only want a 10'-20' hose just make one. You can buy hose material and brass fittings at your local home hardware store. Use ALL stainless steel hose clamps.

Another option is to just buy a shorter cheap air hose from harbor freight. I've used regular air hoses connected to a pancake compressor and the second stage of a regulator for many many years to clean the bottoms of boats, underwater maintenance, etc.

I don't know what hooka setup you are using, so I don't know exactly what hose connectors you have, but if safety is your only concern, I don't see any problems with shortening a hose.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
I had the same problem I coiled up 30 feet of hose and valcroed it so it will not slip when you pull the hookah.
I have the coil floating in the water to help cool the air.The longer hose holds a breath of air if you need it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I OWN 2 =30s AND A 60 - WOULD DO LIKE JIM AND COIL IT WITH ZIP TIES TO WHAT YOU NEED

OP
OP
mnruxpin

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
will do, thx

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think twice or more about using hardware store parts to make a hookah hose. It is not safe to breathe some of the crap they use in making them. Coil it as suggested or contact any of the hookah manufacturers. They can sell you a shorter hose.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hookah hose isn't that expensive compared to 3 inch Dredge hose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread