Erosion from arthur?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kookiman

Jun 27, 2012
east central florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite, BH Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at three different locations north of Wabasso yesterday for about six hours, fighting the wind and dodging the storms...with not much to show for it other than having a damn good time doing it ! The beaches had some scalloped features with some shell exposed in the troughs. The north to south wave action seemed to carving away at the sand but as previously stated there is a LOT still there covering up the good stuff. HH to all

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at three different locations north of Wabasso yesterday for about six hours, fighting the wind and dodging the storms...with not much to show for it other than having a damn good time doing it ! The beaches had some scalloped features with some shell exposed in the troughs. The north to south wave action seemed to carving away at the sand but as previously stated there is a LOT still there covering up the good stuff. HH to all

You were actually out in the troughs! Brave man, and I'm guessing a big stout man to boot. Noway could I fight those 4 & 5 foot waves.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calm ocean and 10 tons of sand that's what we have here on the southern Treasure Coast.
Looks like a lot of sand got pushed in actually.. In the first photo you can see a sandbar that was created in what used to be the trough by the sand basically just sliding down the sloped beach.
I managed some clad on the slope and fishing sinkers on the flat mushy lower portion.....deeep

ForumRunner_20140702_155050.png

ForumRunner_20140702_155105.png

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much the same thing here.....there isn't so much as a crack left on the beach that hasn't been filled with more sand. At low tide you can see a line running up and down the wet sand where the new sand has been pushed back onto the beach, just about all of the slopes and the those typical runnel areas behind the bars are filled in.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems as the sand is doing the same thing during the winter getting scooped and distributed about 10 foot out into a mushbar at Jensen, found some cuts south of Stuart walked a ways, but nothing out of the ordinary, just one of those way out of the way places, so many nails I thought I was in vero :p

powered by pull tabs

Attachments

• image-1726247214.jpg
    image-1726247214.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 89

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see much change to the beach in Ormond as of Wednesday am. Toward the end of the hunt near the lifeguard station I did land my oldest wheat penny to date - a 1916D in very worn condition. This was found about 2 hours before high tide in the wet sand shallow surf. I had one good target get blasted out of the scoop as I was shaking out the sand in the surf. Tried to relocate but it was a lost cause with the strong waves. :BangHead: I always imagine the ones that get away are platinum or 18k w/ ice.

Attachments

• IMG_5398.JPG
    IMG_5398.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5399.JPG
    IMG_5399.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 72

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy... Flat 15 miles offshore today too

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one.. Jumped another.
The S.W. wind moved everything way way out.
Dirty water out to 130 feet in some spots.

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Nice. My dad just sent me a pic of a bull and cow. He was out 5 miles off of pompano. I need to switch around hobbies for a bit.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Newbie here vacationing on the Emerald Isle, NC. The Eye will probably go over us in about an hour or 2. So my question is, after this storm, should I concentrate on the beach cut aways like this thread is about, or work the shallow water line with my Sand Shark? I've been combing the shallows and coming up with nothing but trash. I know the upper beach usually only yields tent stakes, bottle caps & a few coins. Thank you!

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie here vacationing on the Emerald Isle, NC. The Eye will probably go over us in about an hour or 2. So my question is, after this storm, should I concentrate on the beach cut aways like this thread is about, or work the shallow water line with my Sand Shark? I've been combing the shallows and coming up with nothing but trash. I know the upper beach usually only yields tent stakes, bottle caps & a few coins. Thank you!
I'm sure the more experienced storm hunter will chime in, but just from a native Floridian in a costal town, be safe and mindful of your surroundings. The debris can fly for miles.