hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a few 6"-2ft cuts earlier south of Jensen beach and north of Stuart, sloped mush extending below, not really moving as much as redistributing down the face I the slope, going out later. Webcams are good resource:p

powered by pull tabs

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pretty mild depression/system, a ton of sand needs moved to help things. I don't expect it to have a significant impact on my area beaches.

OP
OP
shawninNY

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tks guys! hope it helps down there

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from a couple hour hunt. Right now it's just shoving more sand onto the beach. But it is keeping the beach activity pretty much confined to the wet sand area, which isn't too bad of a trade off. :laughing7:

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a north wind the erosion will be very mild if any. much sand is on the beaches and will need removal and forced waves from the ocean to bring in any metal
it the wind is from the east, more erosion
rancherjL

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from few hours before and after low in Jensen area, more sinkers then this mornings. Clad was spread out from high to wave break, 3/1 crusty green, not much in the way of small targets besides few nails and hooks. Between middle and low tide seemed to be the most productive but I wasn't willing to get into the drink to attempt the swash

powered by pull tabs

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a north wind the erosion will be very mild if any. much sand is on the beaches and will need removal and forced waves from the ocean to bring in any metal
rancherjL

Actually an east wind puts more sand on the beach.
North wind is normally our best wind direction it's the angle moving down the beach that actually takes the sand away.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cocoa beach-melbourne beach.
only 2-3 feet waves here at 5 pm(low tide) gentle slow looking waves coming almost directly from the east but did see some rips. wind about 20mph out of the north.

8pm ..........its picking up here, waves look much bigger. on the wunderground map it looks like the storm is really gaining a hurricane type shape and is stalled/not moving northward yet. been very weak and disappointing so far!!!!.

chuck.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rancherjL

Your beaches must be vastly different then ours. This evening everything was coming straight in out of the east and when that happens here we generally get sand, more sand, jelly fish, pull tabs, and weeds. Didn't see the weeds yet but three out of four for sure. :laughing7: But you are dead on about the "much sand"....we've sure gotten our share this summer.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually an east wind puts more sand on the beach.
North wind is normally our best wind direction it's the angle moving down the beach that actually takes the sand away.

Same here. If we don't get those cross currents or long currents then it's pretty much endgame.

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry, I gave the wind direction that I was familiar with when I lived on the North Gulf coast. There the east wind would bring a wind down the beach and the sand vanished.
just moved to east coast of Florida,,, wind now at 12 from the North at Sebastian Inlet. the area is heavy in sand.
rancherjL

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cocoa beach-melbourne beach.
only 2-3 feet waves here at 5 pm(low tide) gentle slow looking waves coming almost directly from the east but did see some rips. wind about 20mph out of the north.

8pm ..........its picking up here, waves look much bigger. on the wunderground map it looks like the storm is really gaining a hurricane type shape and is stalled/not moving northward yet. been very weak and disappointing so far!!!!.

chuck.

I tried to get them to name this one Seeker41 but they wouldn't go for it. :laughing7:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to get them to name this one Seeker41 but they wouldn't go for it. :laughing7:

haha!! that will have to wait for the good one! no detector needed, just walk around picking up the queens jewels!!!!!!:thumbsup:

chuck.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headin your way this weekend Scoop, gonna be around?

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya scoop where you going to be :p