Evening walk and return

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took Susie (wife) out tonight....I'm a big spender and like to go out on expensive dates....so we went to the beach for a sunset walk and took the CTX.... my two sweeties together, it just doesn't get any better than that....well, as I was holding the CTX's hand and Susie was walking beside me, this guy comes up to me and says his daughter lost her class ring (gold), I asked if he knew where and he said "out by those people in the water", I really didn't want to go out in the water today (rough water) but, he was a very nice guy and very polite....so off I go out into the chest deep water with 2-4 foot waves. I started a grid by the people and next thing I know this guy is out in the water next to me saying more over here.... and commences to go out in water over his head (he is about 5’ tall). While he is bobbing up and down, I head over towards him and darned if I didn't get a good signal....missed it on the first two scoops and took a couple of waves over the head but it wasn't in the hole after the third scoop. I heard something rattling in the scoop and it sounded right... there was the largest ladies class ring I've ever seen. I told him I got it and we headed to shore and there was this cute high school senior crying her eyes out that I had found her ring. I got the biggest hug and they took a picture and my phone number. Lucky they got the number right she was so emotional..... That made both Susie and I smile, the young lady was genuinely happy that I had gone out of my way to help her....I'm guessing about 15 grams of 10k....the family is on vacation from Miami and headed over to Daytona for the 4th.
This makes the third return in three weeks, the first was the engagement ring I posted earlier, the second was a wedding band I found the other day, it was posted on Lostmystuff.net yesterday so Thursday afternoon I'll be headed to the beach to return it to the owner.....three gold rings found in three weeks and all have been returns.....
As for the sunset walk, mother nature made us leave early...
HH and be safe out there in the water..
Cliff

Attachments

• July1stRingReturn1.jpg
    July1stRingReturn1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 139
  • July1stRingReturn2.jpg
    July1stRingReturn2.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
You are a good person. I feel you gave her a life lesson on how we all truly help each other out. One day she may do the same.

NC_Horn

Mar 17, 2005
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Silver Eagle
Great story and wonderful return, may God bless you many times over for it.

Happy Hunting,

Duane

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Way to go! I am sure was one happy girl.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great feeling you get from a return...returning a ring makes my day...congrats...I think there is more stuff lost in rough surf than on calm days. I notice that on calm days people are just standing in the water talking and when there is surf they are jumping around, whooping and hollering and playing in the waves.

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...