The Hobby - Whats Missing?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hobby - What's Missing?

So you walk into your local metal detecting store/shop or visit it online and you take a look around. Of all the accessory products you see what's not there that you feel should be there? This might include the complete absence of a product or simply an improvement to an existing product.

Right off the top of my head I can list:

1) Miller style scoops.
2) Improved finds pouches for saltwater hunting.
3) Quality water proof cable splices/connectors.

This could turn out to be an interesting list. Care to add to it? What are you looking for that just isn't there?

Upvote 0

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been able to frequent many storefronts, and not into the browsing online when I've never owned a credit card. My better half has that stuff mind you, but not for me personally. From the little shop I went to, which was little. From a marketing standpoint, hats, snorkel accessories, footwear, bug spray, mosquito netting. I could go on. Your one stop mom and pop shop. On the other hand, would there be a market in a location in these small beachside towns in today's society to thrive with online competition. I get it in the major metro areas. Now if that's not an issue, shadow boxes, restoration and cleaning equipment and or supplies. May as well offer all ranges of the hobby right down to stickers for the truck.