Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used Kneen's gas hookah's and loved them. The electric type are very heavy cause of the heavy batteries. They are great for doing beaches where they are off limits in day time. A friend had an electric one and it was a pain to charge the battery as you needed a big one for any down time. I always carried a small pony tank as I always got a good signal when air ran out.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah Sandman it seems to be a trade off- noise or heavy batteries. The Keene has dual pumps that work from pressure switches and turn on only when needed, and supposedly it draws less current. It only uses a size 24 battery so that is a smaller deep cycle and can give their rig 2+ hours of operation.

I also see where some guys use a floating scuba tank and a hose and regulator. Maybe that is a better option than the hookah?

Of course there is full diver certification, but cost and time are a issue.

Most of the areas I will be the depth will be from chest high to about 12' deep.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, what do you think of this set up? Float Diver Kit

Without having to use it it's hard to form an opinion. You always have to think how my going to get that darn thing to the water. I had boaters tried to lift it out of the water wondering what the hell it was and if they could keep it. You almost have to have somebody standing by watching over your flow.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you be able to get the tank refilled if you are not certified? I haven't taken my certification dive yet and the dive shop won't rent me any tanks until I get certified. Haven't asked them if they would fill up any tanks on a rig like this, but do want to get my certification and 6-8 dives under my belt before I go underwater, even if it's 10-12 feet. Just curious.

Sandman, what do you think of this set up?

Float Diver Kit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread