Went back for the chain

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month ago I was at the river and getting a chain signal and a huge storm came up. Had to leave when the lightning started. I don't know if this was the same chain and don't know if it's gold because it has no markings and I haven't tested it yet. Anyway, I hadn't planned to go back to the river since somebody is working it with a PI machine, but decided to give it one last try. Found this chain and a little butterfly which I'm sure is junk and a leaf like piece of jewelry which I broke trying to get out of my scoop and an unusual ear ring, 24 cents in clad and numerous bullets and sinkers and junk trash. Spent today running errands and trying to do some more research at the public library, but got skunked in my efforts today. Found somebody's glasses, #2 lead weight plus small sinkers. The At/Pro was in rare form and quit on me all of a sudden and wouldn't do anything and I thought I had a problem. It was just the rechargeable batteries
and they were down to one bar and that was all she wrote. Came home and charged them up and put them in and it was working at the house. I was so tired that day, I just didn't bother with changing them at the river and I had to pick up and order that afternoon anyway.
The little dance item sounded mighty low with those metal dots, I call rhinestones. Don't really know what they are, but I was too lazy to change the stock coil and was surprised when it found the smaller leaf jewelry about 6-7 inches deep. Just a little whisper & it was in the scoop. Still haven't taken my GTI-2500 out in the field, but hope to Sunday after church.
Went back & found the chain 001 (Custom).jpg Went back & found the chain 002 (Custom).jpg Went back & found the chain 003 (Custom).jpg Went back & found the chain 004 (Custom).jpg
Thanks for looking & happy hunting.

Upvote 0

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You have some interesting finds there, fongu.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Lorraine

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice scoop-ins there Fongu !

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. I really enjoyed myself.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally checked the chain today and it's junk. The 14K chain I found last year and the 14K bracelet I found a few months ago are genuine. I was pretty sure this wasn't anygood, but now I'm positive it's junk. Easy come, easy go.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Finally checked the chain today and it's junk. The 14K chain I found last year and the 14K bracelet I found a few months ago are genuine. I was pretty sure this wasn't anygood, but now I'm positive it's junk. Easy come, easy go.

I try to tell myself it was fun while I thought it might be real. Like getting wedding napkin holder rings. I had like twenty in the pouch. I thought I hit the mother ring load. Lol

sponge using smoke signals.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scooping

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back and found 3 rings today. One is marked sterling silver and the other two don't have any markings. Hope to post tomorrow. Bad weather when I got home and couldn't take photos outside and they just don't turn out inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread