Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to the Cape for AM/noon hunt - it was overcast and sprinkling - so I pretty much had the whole bch to myself
after an hour though -I had about a dozen can tops and bottoms , a nickel and a penny
worked out farther as tide went out and worked towards another beach that was farther east - I hit a few spots where I was finding older clad
down deep - was hoping to get some deeper gold - best I could do was 2 silver rings and 2 silver earings
ajul20C00001.JPG
trash from this beach was bad - at least one guy uses a large coil and pulls can pieces from 2 feet down up and then tosses them over his shoulder
I confronted him few yrs back and he told me they don't fit in his pouch - told him my pouch was same size and they fit in mine
told him I was sick of picking them up - he told me to stop hunting there then
ajul20C00004.JPG
ran to another spot that is better to hit more towards high tide - place was hammered pretty good
went out deep and got a blast - scooped up a large key - got another hit near by - nother key - another hit - scooped - checked spot and still got signal
scooped again - looked in scoop and saw another key and a black disc with hole drill in it - figured it was part of key chain ...gave it a rub and saw eagle on back
Kennedy half! - turned over and rubbed - 1964 !!!
ajulDSCv00003.JPG
ajulSC00003.JPG
moved to another area at this place that was like a kiddy beach -- place was clean -- got a huge blast --went off like a beer can --gave it a scoop and was surprised what I got
I want to say its a kayak anchor - cool --I was always thinking of getting one like it for my hookah system
got to wonder how many others passed it up because its iron and the over load of a signal it gave off
DSC0v0004.JPG

Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thats some good huntin. I have my pouch and backpack. When the pouch starts falling off due to weight I tranfer stuff to the backpack. I dont want to find it again so why leave it. I also think im helpin out keepin America beautiful.

sponge using smoke signals.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KNOWING THAT I HUNT OUT FARTHER THAN OTHERS - IVE (WITH OUT THEM KNOWING) SEEN HUNTERS THROW THEIR TRASH OUT FARTHER - SO I HAVE TO CONTEND WITH THAT TOO

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG on the silver Casper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread