Same thing here

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
haha, good observation. You're right: The heavy seas and on-shore eroding waves need to be occurring at the time of high tide. So that they can beat up the normally higher dry sand, and pull it out. Contrast to if the zenith of the surf/swell/wave action comes at the ~6 hr. low tide time of day, then the waves just beat around in the inter-tidal zone, thus capable of much less erosion.:BangHead:

Murphy's law seems to dictate what you're saying. But we all cross our fingers and hope the right combination of ingredients coincide on the right times of day! :)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide, it's perfectly flat out there, and I'm happy. Then it immediately gets dark and threatening, then a lightening bolt appears in the sky, then Beach Patrol wisely closes the beaches until the storm, and low tide, have passed. I'm not happy. :laughing7:

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Scoop the good hunts are ahead of us. Good luck out there. We are all counting on you.

sponge using smoke signals.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop the good hunts are ahead of us. Good luck out there. We are all counting on you.

Working in the think tank today on that coil flipping issue. "May have" a quick, cheap, cure for the issue in the works.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Working in the think tank today on that coil flipping issue. "May have" a quick, cheap, cure for the issue in the works.

I heard if you flip the coil it will stop. I just flip it back with my foot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread