Upvote 0

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The beach tag towns won't bother you until around 10AM when their spotters arrive for work. I don't know of any areas off limits. But I haven't been there since before Sandy. I have been on Oceanport's beach in the past with no problems. But remember don't go on any State Park Beaches. You will see many dunes with grass growing out of them. Whatever you do stay off them. Most are fenced in, but you might see some with the locals walking around them to get to the beach. If they catch you digging on a dune it will be very expensive!!!!!!

Good Luck

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
From what I understand, I can detect these beaches no problem, right? I am visiting there for the week and would like to head there early mornings before they start charging for daily badges. From what I have read, its fine but I figured if anyone knows for sure, let me know.

Let me get this straight. You actually have to pay for a badge to go on the beach? How much does this cost? How do you allow this? New Jerseyans have the highest state taxes in the country and have to pay to go on the beach?

If they tried something like that in Florida there would be an armed uprising.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me get this straight. You actually have to pay for a badge to go on the beach? How much does this cost? How do you allow this? New Jerseyans have the highest state taxes in the country and have to pay to go on the beach?

If they tried something like that in Florida there would be an armed uprising.

Not only do we have to pay for a beach badge to get on the beach but we also have to pay to park the car at the beach. Where I am, that can cost anywhere from $5-$10 or $10-$20 on holidays!
I can't wait to retire and get out of here and move to Florida. :)

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Not only do we have to pay for a beach badge to get on the beach but we also have to pay to park the car at the beach. Where I am, that can cost anywhere from $5-$10 or $10-$20 on holidays!
I can't wait to retire and get out of here and move to Florida. :)

The badges are from 9-4pm so its very easy to go around that...plus I never go in that time anyway. Now it sucks for surfing though if I want to go mid day - $10 for the day. Anyway, in monmouth county at least there is free parking at most beaches.

I cant say its better in NC. Beach is free but its $2.50 an hour to park at wrightsville beach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Day 1: Belmar

$2 in clad coins

Ukraine 25 cent coin from 1994 - This is actually pretty cool. Mostly worthless but cool nonetheless.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Day 2: Spring Lake

Sunglasses and about .50 in pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Day 3: Sea Girt

.50 in clad...nothing on the waters edge at mid tide. found the clad on the towel line when leaving.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Day 4: Spring lake

$3 in clad. - 11 of those quarters. And a boardwalk game token.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Day 5: Belmar

Went out with my father in law to show him how MD worked, so it was a short session. We found .60 in clad. But he had fun so it was a good session. There was another guy out on the beach with an AT Pro but he was just on the dry sand. I assume he had problems on the wetsand as he purposely would not go near it and would turn around right when he got to the dry/wet edge.

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He probably didn't want to keep ground balancing. I'll hunt only the dry sand with my ATP, and THEN hunt only the wet sand. I don't cross back and forth. Besides, the ATP is much better in the dry sand at saltwater beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread