3- Ring day

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to cancel my plans last week to go detecting but finally made it to the river Monday. My third scoop was the sterling silver ring and it was a clear 73-74 and has 12 small stones, but haven't test them yet. Has a star inside the band with TU inside the star. Decided to grid back and forth from the middle to the dock and back and someone has thrown even more nails into the river. Next good target was the ring made in Hong Kong, mid-tone and can't remember the dvi, but no markings and I haven't tested with the acid yet. Passed the magnet test. Got right in the middle of the nails and got the loudest nickel I ever found and suspect there might have been a bottle top nearby. Then 88-91 and thought I finally had broke the half-dollar curse and found one, but just two quarters in the same hole. Last ring I found I suspect is sterling silver and hope to have time to clean it up and test it tomorrow. Found a small ear ring that I also think is sterling and you fresh water hunters need to check your mussel shells. I scooped it up and swung my coil, no sound. Checked my sifter and didn't see it and re-checked my scoop. Started going thru the mussel shells and a large shell with two smaller shells concealed the small horseshoe looking ear ring. Reminds me of the gag where they buy a gift for someone and put it in a dozen boxes starting with a large box and it's always inside the small box. The other two ear rings are junk, I believe. They failed the magnet test and the stones look fake. The corroded looking ring had a small stone and Mama was trying to look at it with her magnifying lens and it fell out on the carpet and was lost. Pretty sure it wasn't real but even if it was, it was so small it don't matter. $1.21 in clad and usual trash. HH.
3 ring day 001 (Custom).jpg 3 ring day 002 (Custom).jpg 3 ring day 003 (Custom).jpg 3 ring day 005 (Custom).jpg 3 ring day 006 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You found some really neat treasures there, Fongu:headbang:

You are so right about those shells concealing treasures; I 've encountered those several times in my hunting.

I like that silver ring with the stones..very pretty.

Lorraine

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!..Its a struggle to get one out there but 3 is excellent..Congrats.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream of those days

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I came home from church last night and was doing some reading and saw something winking at me from the carpet. It was the small stone I dropped and thought I would never find. Funny thing is, it was about 3 feet from where I saw it fall. Must have bounced off Mama's shoe and it was a pleasant surprise to recover it. God sure is good to me. I asked my pastor last night if he knew anybody who rented boats and he said no and he would find out, but he offered to take me to the sandbar I'm interested in where people anchor their boats and swim when they let the water down this November, if he can find time. He has less time to get out and relax than I do and he has a white metal detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread