Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say this every year, but mostly in fresh water.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say this every year, but mostly in fresh water.
I would rather take my chances detecting with sharks, than being eaten alive by bacteria.
That sure did not look like fresh water to me!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locals are aware of this and primarily brackish waters or shell fish that was not kept cold. Atlantic waters are not warm, anyone who hunts or swims there can attest to this...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More scared of the brain eating amoeba in fresh water, it can enter through mouth, nose, ears, eyes, and, and....OUCHY, no swimming for me.

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ive been hunting siesta key in neck deep water a TON with all kinds of cuts on my hands (im a machinist and auto mechanic). scary stuff!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Sounds more like the Government cooking up something to destroy the Florida Tourism. On average 9 people are struck and killed by lightning. This bacteria has killed 10 people so there you have it. Dying from being struck by lightning: Odds: 1 in 3 million so that is probably the same odds for the Bacteria. Wear reef boots if you are in the water and should you have the bad luck of cutting you leg then get out of the water and medicate it and don't eat raw oysters, ugh! 8-)

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
In Jersey I don't worry about the brown sharks, jellyfish, or giant holes. In the past not lately is the syringes and medical waste. Nothing more unnerving then seeing a syringe in your scoop.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
humph...

I'm walking along in the calm surf swinging my coil waist deep and I watch some behemoth waddle down from the beach into the water and just stand there. In about 20 seconds they get that stupid look on their face.

Will all the pee dissipate before I get there? Which way is the current running? How toxic is the bubbling froth?

Egads, will I escape in time? Will my coil cable melt?

Saaaaay.... where did all the dead bait fish just come from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread