Vacation to Kauai!

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm envious Mobius1! Have a great time on Kauai! Show us the pics when you get back and best of luck!

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out for sharks it shark week next week! I know of 2 people one guy lost his hand to a bull shark and the surfer chicky lost her arm! on Kauia.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
1. Kauai Marriott Resort beach, Lihue
2. Hanalei Bay Beach (nearby are plenty of friendly places that serve adult beverages).
3. St. Regis Princeville Resort beach
HH.
Don........
PS: If you're lucky enough to locate and listen to this guy (on whatever island he may be playing), your visit will be greatly enhanced

Don..

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun, my best friend just came back last week.. as a side note he lost a tag heuer watch and a large gold bracelet playing with his kids on the beach .. LOL true story ...

OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! I'm going to hit a few beaches on the north shore tomorrow morning. I hope to come back with at least one piece of gold since so many people vacation and so few come to metal detect. I'll give updates later!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck:

Be especially careful in protecting your equipment or you may return minus a detector, camera, I phone, anything of value, that is easy to fence.
You cannot be too careful, all it takes is one opportunity and its good by forever.

I am not sure where you got your Intel, but Kauai has been on the hit list for vacationing hard core detectorists for decades.

Many of the locals, are known hard core detectorists and there are many more who keep a very low profile. You most likely will not see them, as most hunt at night when the beaches are deserted.
If you are hunting in the day, you can be sure that one or more with decades of treasure hunting experience on Kauai will be watching. Often they will introduce themselves and talk story (especially if are careful not to damage coral and fill in your holes. If you take the time to listen, you will find them very helpful and often will tell you which beaches are best to hunt.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to hit a few beaches on the north shore tomorrow morning. I hope to come back with at least one piece of gold since so many people vacation and so few come to metal detect. I'll give updates later!

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops! accidentally repeated above post
Aloha
Sir Gala Clad

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a few small beaches and the Princeton resort beach yet came out with nothing worthy of posting. The pickings seemed slim. Targets were spread very far apart so I would assume that these beaches have either been hit hard or the tide washed everything away. I did get to meet a local who just came out of Poipu beach with only coins. He was using an underwater setup with snorkel mask, weighted belt, wetsuit, and a pulse induction metal detector. I was unfamiliar with the brand but it looked to be a quality machine. Although I didn't come out with the big gold piece I was going for, I still had an amazing time enjoying the sights, swimming in the water, and fighting sunburns.
Mahalo!

OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are a few of the best photos I got

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140802_173210.png
    ForumRunner_20140802_173210.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20140802_173232.png
    ForumRunner_20140802_173232.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20140802_173330.png
    ForumRunner_20140802_173330.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GoPro, it's a fantastic camera

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread