East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wish I could say it was for gold, but alas it is not. Wife and I took a little vacation to the beach and I took the detector along for the ride. First day, I hunted an area and hit what I thought was a pocket spill. However, by the time I had pulled the 7th quarter out of a 10' diameter circle, I thought this was a real nut to carry that much change to the beach. By that time I had gathered a crowd and a woman said a group had been to the beach the day before and as they were about to leave they all threw quarters into the ocean. Not sure what kind of a group does that, but I enjoyed finding $13.27 that day, the cell phone, ring and 10k earring. The ring is not marked but the gold rope scratch remained on the stone even after 18k solution, so who knows. There were still quarters everywhere so I went back the second day and found 127 more quarters. Went back the third day to look for a 14k chain someone told me about as I was leaving the day before and found an additional $2.50 in quarters. As I headed off the beach I was still getting quarter signals that I had to walk over because we were checking out of the campground that morning and I was really only there looking for gold. All told I found about $47 in quarters.
DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0013.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Very interesting post, Beach Papa

Congrats on the gold and quarter finds!

Lorraine

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome!! My man down in Naples found $47 in pennies:laughing7:

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Some people have more money than sense

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I went to one beach with another detectorist...found a bunch of quarters that were thrown in the water for the kids to dive for. My detecting buddy scooped up 40 of the all still in the paper roll. Someone should have been nice to you and left them in their roll.:hello2:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy clad Washingtons Bat Man. :tongue3:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009