ironarmknives

Nov 13, 2013
San Diego CA.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS ,whites v3i, excalibur 1000 blue,
put to rest CTX 3030 ,MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a used excalibur 1000 blue with yellow headphones yesterday for 550.00 to it out today and this is what i found….. man this water hunting is hard work three hours at waist deep is 1… cold bought a wet suit on the way home and swinging that thing and the scoop with the tide is hard work i'v mounted excel on the chest still the current will beat u up trying not to get to cold sucks because it takes from the task at hand so a wetsuit was a must… down craigslist on the way home got a dive suit two piece for summer and winter for 50.00 …. anyways it was a good day…….. the ring says titanium on the inside looks like three small diamonds ..and yes i found the dollar bill also …LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first water hunt. Water hunting will get easier for you the more you do it. When I first started, I said water hunting might not be for me. It seemed like it was so much slower and harder than land hunting. Now its by far my favorite form of hunting. The water is where the gold is.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What lookindown said. The more you do it the more you'll get the hang of it and soon it will start to be second nature. :thumbsup:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great deal on the blue Excal 1000! Paid $900 for mine and it's worth every penny. Sure I could of kicked up more for a excal II but I wanted the blue for a reason. Congrats on a successful water hunt and the new addition to your arsenal. If everyone keeps buying excals, there's going to be no more targets left!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the reason?
Great deal on the blue Excal 1000! Paid $900 for mine and it's worth every penny. Sure I could of kicked up more for a excal II but I wanted the blue for a reason. Congrats on a successful water hunt and the new addition to your arsenal. If everyone keeps buying excals, there's going to be no more targets left!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Finn74

Dec 16, 2012
Made me check my finger. That is the same on as my wedding ring. Yes they are diamonds. Retail on ring is about $400 new. Congrats!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140804_000703.png
    ForumRunner_20140804_000703.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 118

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Way to go! Its sure addicting!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
You did well, IAK!

I like the ring:headbang:

Lorraine

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What was the reason?
I've heard numerous times that some feel the old blue runs hotter then the newer version. Not saying it's a fact and not my opinion but simply heard that numerous times. I did experience quite a few hunts with my blue excal 1000 and a friends blue 1000 along side another friends new green excal II 1000...the 2 old blues seemed to be the victors. Fact.... I don't know, but I had the choice between the 2 and I chose the old blue and couldn't be happier. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
ironarmknives

ironarmknives

Nov 13, 2013
San Diego CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im happy happy happy LOL i m going to get a extra battery i got the newer charger and a battery i have the AA pod but i'm sure this blue battery has seen its day .. now i just need a pod to put the battery in…… LOL man they want a arm and leg for a pod….

Last edited:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Wow. That was a mouthful.

OP
OP
ironarmknives

ironarmknives

Nov 13, 2013
San Diego CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who's doing the beach this weekend …...

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW on the price of that Xcal 1000. They are starting to put diamonds on about any ring now. You need to invest about $50 and get some acid, scale, loop, and diamond tester.... you just have to have them. Great hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread