a double gold ring return i did a while ago

liverpoolfc

Oct 9, 2005
liverpool, uk
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus and a Fisher CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took my detector on holiday with me(first thing i pack ha)did a little bit of water detecting but i had the kids with me so kept it to a minimum.
i found about 100 coins and a silver ring,then the morning before we were flying home i was detecting in the water first thing in the morning when a german couple asked me if my detector could find rings.turns out the guys dad had lost his wedding ring and his signet ring(he had had them for 50 years,he lost them on his 50th wedding anniversary) in the water on the other side of the bay.i said i'd have a look for the rings for them,i remember saying "i like a challenge"
went round with them to where he lost them,he said they had 7 people looking for them with goggles on for 3 hours but couldn't find them.
after 2 hours of finding 20 ringpulls a toy car and a few coins i'm losing hope.doesn't help when there's 25 people watching my every move from the beach and some in the water
i get a signal and in the scoop is the signet ring.i took it out and said to the old guy "is this yours" he came over and started hugging me and crying.30 minutes later and i'm knackered,the guy who asked me to look for them says one more sweep around and then you've done all you can,one ring back is better than none.3 signals later and there is his gold wedding ring in the scoop.the look on peoples faces when you give them back things that they thought they would never see again is priceless.after some more hugs and tears i've got the old guy on one side of me and his wife hugging my arm on the other side of me whilst the family take some pics of their hero lol.
his son makes me take 100 euros,wouldn't take no for an answer.
i said i would have done it for nothing.
more hugs and handshakes and it was off to find my kids.

no pics,i never thought of asking them to email a pic to me.think i was too tired.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Completely awesome story! If that doesn't put a positive checkmark for our hobby/sport
Nothing will! Well done! HH!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a beautiful, inspiring post, liverpoolfc!:notworthy:

You must have been emotionally as well as physically exhausted after that experience!

Congrats on the recovery and return of not only one, but TWO gold rings to this very fortunate couple

Lorraine

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Great story... events like that makes the bad days great!!
Good job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread